Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can help just bought a hymer 2000 694 2.8TD LHD

I have a few questions which are not covered in the manuals.

The leisure bat is under the drivers seat and there is a control panel located in a draw arrangment front right passenger side, if I wonted to charge the Leisure bat from a solar panel or perhaps a geny, do I connect direct to the bat, through the control panel or some other way?

There is an electric step, when we picked up the MH the warner horn worked if you turned on the ignition with the step out. Now the step works OK but no horn tried the Fiat fuses and fuses on the control panel and the micro switch on the step, no big deal but if its there I would like the warning horn to work. Any Ideas?

One more question for luck !

Being diesel there is a heat coil display indicator on the dash which goes out when you can start the engine. However when you turn the ignition on this flashes on for a micro second and thats it, the previous owner said this was normal and only stays on for any period of time in colder weather, the engine starts OK , however the displays on our diesel cars regardless of out side temp always stay on for a period, wondering if anyone has similar experiances.

· Registered
80 Posts
Hello takeaflight, regarding your heater plug warning lamp.
I have been advised by another member that if your engine is the JTD version ( electronic management system ) then unless the ambient temp. is low it is normal for the warning lamp to go off almost immediately. I have the 2.8JTD lump and mine does.

Regards trig

· Registered
21 Posts
I had a similar problem with the step on my Hymer, the microswitch on the step that is used as a sensor is very prone to picking up dirt from the road and it is not the most sophisticated switch I have ever seem.

Ive just had another thought, even with the ignition on my buzzer does not sound until the handbrake is released.

As far as the glowplug warning light is concerned, cant really help sorry.

Colin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.