Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The horn on my Lunar Champ A520 [on Fiat Ducato 2L diesel base] gave out a squeek & now doesn't work - the thing is I CAN'T FIND THE HORN !, now, I'm not unfamiliar with cars, they all have a wheel in each corner [except the messershmitt bubble car I used to have] & most of the have the horn situated in the engine compartment but not this Ducato, I'm in the process of getting a manual but until it arrives can anyone point me in the general direction where its bolted ?

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ducato horn

Under or inside the bumper ? - drivers side or passenger side ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi
You should find the horn behind and above the front bumper on the passenger side under the headlamp. When mine packed up I left it in place to avoid all the work of removeing panels, bumpers etc. I wired in a relay to the horn wires and mounted a Nautilus Air Horn in the engine bay. The nautilus has a built in pump and is quite compact, priced about £25.00 and far better quality than the original.

KenS

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks KenS & calliope - I'll get out there tomorrow & have a root around to see if its just packed up or dropped off 8O

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
They do pack up quickly, when ours went in for its first service 10k miles the dealer told me when I picked it up, We have changed the horn under warranty, it was working but it would probably have packed up before the next service !!!!

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
If you can get on your back underneath the front nearside, wing look up to where the back of the headlamp is, and you will see the horn mounted about 6" below the headlamp, there should be two terminal connectors on it, if my memory serves me right one is red/black the other is white/black, the horn works on an earth return system, best of luck!
M&D :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.