Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Just a thought. Has anyone on here got a set of the latest style Fiat clip on headlamp converters that they want to sell me. My local Fiat cant get any & they have been on order over a month. And no delivery date. We still have a few weeks to go before going to France but cant go without any. We have been phoning arond most of the afternoon with no luck.

Or is there another method we can use. The headlamps are clear so we cant use the old fashioned way of cutting out by a templete

Or is there anyone who isnt using theirs from mid june to mid july that we could borrow for a small fee or donation to this site.

Thanks in advance for any info

Thanks in advance

Motorhomer

·
Registered
193 Posts
We kept getting told there was a big delay. Went to Peugeot and got them in two days. They fit exactly the same, you just have a little Peugeot lion on them thats all. Underneath it has printed on them 'Made in Austrailia'!! Sort of makes you wonder really..... :D

Even Citroen have the same lights, might be worth a try....... :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Motorhomer,
Before the great crash, quite a few posts were placed about this subject. I downloaded 2 pics of the relevent headlamps. If this works you should see them.
I'm off to France in 2 weeks so I will be printing these out and trying my best with 2" black Gaffer tape.
All the best - Don.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have the latest Ducato with clear headlights, I bought some stick ons from Halfords, but they are not very clear instructions. Someone posted some templates on the old site, anyone help, We leave for France on Friday.
Cheers Sid

·
Registered
193 Posts
Be very careful sticking anything to the front of the headlight glass as this can cause it to overheat and give you all sorts of problems. I can remember a lot being posted about this on the 'old' site. We stick our deflectors/mask on the plastic headlight protectors in front of the glass.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Fiat headlamp convertors

We have a French Pilote L.H.D. and looking to convert the other way for limited use in U.K. We use van mainly in Europe so don't want to buy new lights.Anyone in the same boat and what happens when MOT is due?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rapidoron said:
Motorhomer, that was for the latest Ducato - they fit fine.
Hello again

I have emailed them & waiting for a response.

We have the latest ducato . The plastic cover you got was it in one piece & does it cover all the three lights ie main beam side & indicator light. My light arrangement in front is covered by one piece of "glass". Ie one plastic lens cover has to go over all three lights.. The bender black bit is in the shape of a square.

I went to the Peugeot garage today to have a look at what they had. They had the pre 2002 lens cover which is in one piece like I need but is too wide and the bender black bit is a totally different shape. They didnt have the current set but showed me a picture. The lens cover they showed me was only going to cover the headlight and side light ie the covers over the lights were in two seperate parts. & this they said was for the latest boxer.

Im confused

Motorhomer

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maverick said:
Be very careful sticking anything to the front of the headlight glass as this can cause it to overheat and give you all sorts of problems. I can remember a lot being posted about this on the 'old' site. We stick our deflectors/mask on the plastic headlight protectors in front of the glass.
hello maverick

Yes I am aware of not sticking directly on to the headlamps themselves because of crazing & shattering. Unfortunately its these covers which at the moment are unavailable at Fiat

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Maverick. I seem to remember the posts you refer to, but I think it was for long term use. I leave on Friday so don't have much choice.
Cheers Sid :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,420 Posts
Morning Sid,

Here's the photo's you were looking for from our previous chat,

And here's the map you needed, it was too small in the PM and I know you are having problems accessing the photo albums...

We're on an earlier ferry tonight, maybe we'll see each other on our travels, have a safe journey and a great holiday.

pete.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi SidT,

As you leave o Friday and don't have time to get protectors, and if you feel you must fit deflectors the use aluminium tape rather than black tape. It wil relflect the heat rather than absorb it heating up the plastic so much.
Alternatively if you are not driving in the dark just point the headlights lower using the control on dashboard.
Another method to help protect plastic from the heat is to make up a small light shield and stick to headlight with small blobs of silicon to act as spacers and allow air to flow behind. If you stick some clear tape on lense 1st then it will be easily removed.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hi Brambles. I have the stick on ones from Halfords, they are a silver reflective material. It was the position I was having trouble with but Peejays photos should help.
Cheers Sid

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Peejay. Just noticed you are online, thought you would have been off to france. Thanks for the photos of the headlamps, We are up to Brugge first the Kleve in Northern Germany then wandering down to the Riviera, will keep our eye out.
Thanks again Sid

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Re: Fiat headlamp convertors

Koppersbeat said:
We have a French Pilote L.H.D. and looking to convert the other way for limited use in U.K. We use van mainly in Europe so don't want to buy new lights.Anyone in the same boat and what happens when MOT is due?
Koppersbeat, the answer to your question about LHD is, no it will not pass a MOT with deflectors (not at a reputable dealers anyway), mine failed today. New headlights are going to cost about £200.00, or does anyone know cheaper ones.

Ralph

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.