Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picking up our new van tomorrow (well new to us anway) it a Fiat ducato CI Riviera 141 on 53 plate

so before i come away from the dealers i want to make sure that all the recalls have been delt with from 2003 and onwards

can any of you fiat owners tell me what recalls have been issued since 03

many thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
correct me if im wrong but ive heard that the fiat ducato and peugeot boxer is built in the same factory

so would the recalls be the same

because i had a recall on my boxer break pipes the same time as the ducato had theirs.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
zulurita said:
Mine is a Fiat 2.8 jtd on a 53 plate bought new end Jan 04 There was a recall on the brakes, had mine done Dec 04 some needed work and others didn't apparantly.
Ours did not need the brake cables doing or the pedals and our vehicle was delivered to Timberland in August & to us in september.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Riggy
I had my M/H serviced at my Local Fiat dealer
they checked their database for recalls mine
had none.
If you go to your fiat dealer with Reg No or and
Vin No they might be able to check for recalls or
if they have been done.
Just a thought.

Chris & Brenda

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Is it your responsibility to keep an eye open for recalls on your vehicule or are they done automatically from the dealer / DVLA or somewhere ?

It's not something that has ever crossed our path with our car.

G

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Grizzly said:
Is it your responsibility to keep an eye open for recalls on your vehicule or are they done automatically from the dealer / DVLA or somewhere ?

It's not something that has ever crossed our path with our car.

G

In the past we have had automatic recall for our car. They do take ages though to come through so if you have heard of someone having a recall or heard anything in the press then ring your Fiat dealer who will check for you.

motorhomer

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi Riggy and all,
Finally managed to get registered again. Unfortunatly I have lost all my summarised notes in recalls when site went down ( I linked to the post that summarised it).
However I will put an accurate summary together again later but in the mean time from memory the latest recalls on the 2002 on FIAT/Peugoet up to Jan 05 are roughly as follows.

1. Acelerator Pedal stop on floor. This is now a larger size to prevent any possibity of the pedal getting caught under it. About 2 1/2 inches dia instead of 1 3/4.

2. Water sensor on fuel filter. Something to do with connector letting in moisture and this makes sytem thick water is in fuel and needs draining.
Not sure if they just replace lead but suspect a sensor with integral lead is fitted to get rid of connector - not sure.

3. Check vaccum pipe to brake servo is clipped properly along lengh and can not get chaffed. Again a bit vague what they actually check as mine was OK. However thats because I placed in the clips when I found it was not.

4. Front Brake hoses. (does not affect 2.8 with ABS) Ther are two hoses on each side to the brake caliper. The top hose should have two spacers fotted to prevent chaffing on inner wing flange. The bottom hose as one.

5. Hand brake cable and adjustment. On early models there was a problem with the securing of the brake cable to the drum. On later units there was another problem to do with brake shoe adjustment but is shown up by handbrake needing adjustment. Basically Fiat dealers are to check operation of handbrake. and if needing adjustment also check brake shoe assembly.

6. I would personally also check you battery tray is secure. Some have the bolts not fully tighened.

There may be others I have forgotten and also have not checked Chassis numbers affected. I have niot checked recall lists since Jan 05.

If you contact a main dealer with Chassis Number they can check what recalls are required and what has been carried out. Also ask Dealer when base vehicle was actually built , that is more important than reg date for getting spares etc. Most dealers will ask for chassis number when getting spares anyway as that is how their parts sytem works, but for aftermarket parts from non Fiat dealers you will need the build date.

If rework is carried out ask dealer to stamp service log - there is a page for doing it and not all dealers stamp it, and enter recall campaigne number. I wil list the numbers later.

If any one knows details (recall number) of recalls since Jan this year, please post details and I will add to my notes.

Best site for recalls is www.VOSA.gov.uk and look under car and LVG menu (at side) then under vehicle accidents and recalls, then the vehicle recalls data base in main text, then search both Fiat and Peugot Boxer. Fiat have a habit of being very slow at updating Vosa with the information. (hope I have this right)

Hope this helps.
Jon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who took the time to help me with the recalls on a fiat ducato

i picked up the new motorhome today, its a nice CI Riviera 141 on the 53 plate and thanks to you guys i can confirm that this van is upto date with all current recalls.

we said goodbye to our Avantgarde 400 LUX and hello to our new van

first trip will be next week (cant wait)

thanks again

Neil

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i guess everyone has a horror story when they get a new motorhome

i looked at you signature message and was think WOW i looked there ( lee mill Branch )
think that would of been my frightener.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Just to say Riggy, don't rely on being notified by Fiat about any recalls. Because the base vehicle is often an 'import' somehow the details don't seem to be sent to Fiat UK by the dealer/manufacturer when you've bought & registered the MH. They say incidentally that they do notify Fiat UK but if so why didn't I receive notification! I only found out on a previous Fiat MH by chance reading about a recall in MMM and that was to do with the fuel tank! My last recall I also read about it in MMM but the Fiat agent did have it on his system when it went in for the service so at least that was good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.