Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 days and it is finally sorted out.
for all the newbies everyone is invited to a wedding at gretna blacksmiths [the original famous one] 28th may at 10 am.
we are then going to convoy up into the highlands using the M8 and the Erskine bridge to get us on to the A82 and around on to the cowal

unfortunately the pig roast is off.

apparently it takes a full day to roast the pig and it is 5 hours from gretna to the field which turns out not to be a field but a very special area, a small penninsular near a place called Low Stillaig. it is privately owned by a friend of a friend and he is letting us use it for the weekend [no hook ups tho]
It is a stunning place and on a sea loch on the sound of Bute with a view over to the isle of Arran and the mull of Kintyre.
there are sheep and lambs around so dogs will have to be kept on a lead and we will have to be careful with litter but bags will be provided
we will have some barbies and i will bring some things to barbie. the ceilidh crew are geared up and looking forward to performing there [and drinking]. it is the wildest of wild camping.
there will be a huge bonfire to keep us bums warmed.
It is miles from anywhere so we can make as much noise as we like.
I have the route and location on autoroute 2001 for anyone that wants it. send me an e-mail
[email protected]
there are no charges for anything and we don't want prezzies but bring own wine beer etc nearest shops are many miles away
looking forward to meeting some of you
roi and Michelle

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Sounds like congratulations are in order. Shame about the pig roast. I have only been to one but the meat was just yummy.

As I suffer from a fear of annorexia, I always have to have large helpings. So far I am winning the battle

I would imagine this is going to be a humdinger of a party and I hope it all goes well and the weather kind.

Are you going to Gretna because you are under age?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Good luck with the wedding only wish I could join you, but my Arran trip is not until June 7th, but if it is as good a party as it sounds it may still be going on then :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately our little [??]one has to be back at school on the 7th so it will be over by then.
no pusser bach it's not age.
it's second childhood, maybe that counts.

and i think I may be suffering from the same thing, a fear of annorexia. must be something like that

see ypu all
donj't know if its possible helen but it may be better to add this to the post in off topic which is where I originally decided to put it so that it would not clutter the forum for ever
or transfer it to off topic so it can disappear after 30 days. like my memory.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I don't think an invite with your motorhome is off topic. It is in its right place as it is related. If you were getting divorced and no one was invited then that would be Off Topic or in the Jokes section 8)

·
Registered
778 Posts
hi roi

never mind the oink well bring a couple of steaks to chuck on somebodys barbie , stellas really pleased the ceilidh gang are going ,

had a look for low stallaig and found places like millhouse , from there it looks like 2 options portavaide or kilbirdie farm , sorry dont have autoroute , maybe some directions or a meeting place where we cant go wrong or map reference i could use on streetmap of multimap or something for infomap navigator . may be useful as a lot of folks maybe still cant get on the site to ask judging by the shout box thing who were planning to attend.

looks like a top location , gonna have to bring the bike for a bit of sunday siteseeing :D :D

cheers
kenny+stella

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
:D Hi roifromnwales. I would just like to wish you all the best for the forthcoming event. I hope you have a safe journey and have a fantastic time at the wedding and the celebrations afterwards. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
leave the A82 at Tarbet on to the A83 and head for the cowal signed dunoonturn left on to the A615 at ardkinglas house
stay on the A815
at Creggans inn for 0.4ml. bear right on to A886 for 3 ml. turn right on to B8000 for 22.1 ml.trurn right local rd and follow to the shore. there will be signs out, I have been promised by ny friend
it is near portavaidie
apparently the road is single track and rather bumpy so travel slow over to the island
I estimate we will be at Creggans inn by 14.30. depending on watering and refuel time on route.
I am going to fill my tanksfor the weekend at Erskine and also make sure i have fuel
How's that
I hope some of you will bring a barbie too. mine;s not big enough to cook for all.
we will end up using the bonfire.
and a good friend has made us a wedding cake. we weren't going to bother as we are out in the wilds but it is lovely.
I have got a load of pork chops, lamb chops, ribs and sausages and buns and we are going to make a huge bowl of coleslaw. to go with them
and some veggie burgers
anybody else got any ideas
maybe a sack of spuds for throwing on the bonfire?

Long range weather says it will be dry so everyone bring waterproofs and brollies.
just checked again and now it says rain possible for saturday night.
I will be putting up the big 9 man tent for the musicians . we will just have to waterproof ourselves with Scotch

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theflyingscot said:
hi roi

may be useful as a lot of folks maybe still cant get on the site to ask judging by the shout box thing who were planning to attend.

looks like a top location , gonna have to bring the bike for a bit of sunday siteseeing :D :D

cheers
kenny+stella[/quote

WHAT'S THE SHOUT BOX?????
if you look at the map just below portavaidie and millhouse there is a blob of land [looks like an upside down mushroom] connected to the mainland by the track..and sticking out into the sound of bute /loch fynne.
that's it..........ours for the weekend.......
although the owner may well turn up for the deilidh

·
Registered
778 Posts
hi roi

the shout box is an area on this site where folks can type a sort of instant message , it looks like a sort of chat thing , folks type stuff like ( help i cant get into the site) , look on the left side of this page , the bottom of the discussion menu , click on the word shout box and you can read all the messages or shouts , maybe youll find some folks you know who cant get in yet.

weve found the mushroom island :D ,south of low stallaig, think its called eilean aoidhe , well meet you there if thats ok ?, if you need anything doing before you arrive let us know ,

thats a quality location , fancy hiring youre own island :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers
kenny+stella

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stick some signs up if there aren't any.
My mate, Tam said he would but make sure.
light bofire at about 4 so Michelle can warm up [she's decided to keep her wedding dress on for a while] put coffee on for when we arrive
the ceilidh lads will probably arrive sometime in the afternoon too. we have a big 9 man tent to put up for them in case it rains.
chill and enjoy the views.
iechyd da
diolch yn fawr
shame i haven't got her jet boat working yet. she could have had fun with it there.
possible rain forecast for Sunday but dry saturday.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
This is going to be a terrific day\s - pse get some pix posted after the event.

Wishing you continued happiness and safe journey.

·
Registered
778 Posts
hi roi

will light the fire at 4pm no probs , if we cant find tams signs well send out smoke signals , if were early enough we may backtrack if we can make signs , kettle will be handy on arrival , :wink:

see you there

cheers
kenny+stella

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.