Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi We spent 2 days last week at Charity Farm at Wrightington which is a couple of mile off the M6 north of Wigan.
It is a large equestrian centre but has 4 pools with excellant fishing, Carp up to 21 lb and I caught about 20 Tench all between 2 and 3 lb plus the usual Roach, Chub and Perch,
Unfortunately most of the pitches on the caravan site are taken with long stay vans so at most they have 6 spare, they are mostly hard standing all with electric. Fees are £10 a night inc elecy. Toilets are nothing to write home about, 2 WC's each with sinks and one shower each, basic but clean.
There is no shop on site and none in the immediate area but there are some good walks onsite around the cross country course which goes through a bluebell wood.
Very good for fishing with a very friendly owner.

Charity Farm.
Smithy Brow.
Wrightington.
Nr Wigan
WN6 9PP Tel 01257 451326
www.ribblesdale.net/charityfarm/fishing

Cheers Sid

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
SidT said:
Hi We spent 2 days last week at Charity Farm at Wrightington which is a couple of mile off the M6 north of Wigan.
It is a large equestrian centre but has 4 pools with excellant fishing, Carp up to 21 lb and I caught about 20 Tench all between 2 and 3 lb plus the usual Roach, Chub and Perch,
Unfortunately most of the pitches on the caravan site are taken with long stay vans so at most they have 6 spare, they are mostly hard standing all with electric. Fees are £10 a night inc elecy. Toilets are nothing to write home about, 2 WC's each with sinks and one shower each, basic but clean.
There is no shop on site and none in the immediate area but there are some good walks onsite around the cross country course which goes through a bluebell wood.
Very good for fishing with a very friendly owner.

Charity Farm.
Smithy Brow.
Wrightington.
Nr Wigan
WN6 9PP Tel 01257 451326
www.ribblesdale.net/charityfarm/fishing

Cheers Sid
They now have a new website url: http://www.charityfarm.co.uk/

·
Registered
444 Posts
hi
i am no fisherman, cannot give any details on fish, apart from seeing some very big carp. but try wyreside fisheries and camping site it is about 6 miles south of lancaster. they have awebsite but not got it to hand. with the size of the place ( about 4 lakes) you have probably heard of it.
tomnjune

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Re: fishing

Newto said:
zappy61 said:
Thanks Anne and TomnJune looks good have bookmarked for further investigation.

Cheers,

Graham
Zappy my partner lives in Newcastle-under-lyme so I spend some time over there, do you know of any sites/fishing local to that area? Cheers! :)
The only one I know is:Here
I have fished it but not stayed there with the van but I can tell you it is good and there is an adult section if you require it. Toilets and showers are clean but on the small side.
It may be too far away for as it is at penkridge in Staffordshire.

Regards,

Graham

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

zappy61 said:
Newto said:
zappy61 said:

Cheers,

Graham
Zappy my partner lives in Newcastle-under-lyme so I spend some time over there, do you know of any sites/fishing local to that area? Cheers! :)
I have fished it but not stayed there with the van but I can tell you it is good and there is an adult section if you require it. Toilets and showers are clean but on the small side.

Regards,

Graham
Couple more for Newto. I have visited Glencote but not stayed over night. Very well kept toilets and showers good but the fishing pool is quite small but well stocked: Glencote

I got Dunston Heath from UK Camping never visited or stayed there but it looks a possible:
Dunston Farm

Graham

·
Registered
58 Posts

zappy61 said:
zappy61 said:
Newto said:
zappy61 said:

Cheers,

Graham

Regards,

Graham
Couple more for Newto. I have visited Glencote but not stayed over night. Very well kept toilets and showers good but the fishing pool is quite small but well stocked: Glencote

I got Dunston Heath from UK Camping never visited or stayed there but it looks a possible:
Dunston Farm

Graham
Cheers Graham
I called in Glencote last week it looks a nice clean site but i thought the pool looked a bit small but the welsh chap there was very welcoming and i will try this site soon, :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Charity Farm

Well I spent the weekend there (Charity Farm) and it was very nice, as said earlier not many free pitches so booking is recommended. Friendly and quiet, fishing looks v good did not try myself but quite a lot of anglers there catching, had a meal at the Mulberry Tree Restaurant (approx 1 mile away) it was excellent :D also the local pub just outside the site entrance was good and very welcoming. £30 for two nights I will be returning with fishing tackle next time :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.