Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you fitted a radio aerial to one of the front wings? I want to fit one, preferably to the nearside. I have seen a few photo's of 'vans with them but most / all seem to be on the offside. Maybe because of the fuel filler on the n/s.

I am wondering which is the best way to access the inside of the wing area for the aerial fixing and best cable route. Hoped it could be accessed from under bonnet as in my Renault but not the case. There is a wheel arch 'liner' clipped to the rear edge of the front bumper but not sure that removing that will allow suitable access. I could unbolt the wing but that'd crack away the shiny white paint on the bolts :(

How have *you* done it?

I don't want to fit a 'screen' aerial.

Btw reason is poor reception due to original roof aerial being cut away with removal of cab roof by Autcruise CH during conversion.

Harvey

·
Registered
88 Posts
Aerial fitting

Harvey.

Open bonnet, remove panel, top corner near windscreen, (two screws) this gives you access to under top edge of n/s wing with enough room to fit aerial and tighten nut. feed areial lead through bulkhead behind glovebox. Remove glovebox and dashtop, also the centre liftup clip over radio. You can now feed aerial through and to the back of the radio. Then all you have to do is refit everything. Hope this helps. Mike.

·
Registered
568 Posts
hi i had the same problem with my 2008 AC/starblazer i fitted a £3 99 aerial and work very good .if you lift the bonnet look past the air filter to the inner wing you will see where it needs to go .mine took about 20 mins total

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Aerial fitting

MikeH said:
Harvey.

Open bonnet, remove panel, top corner near windscreen, ( etc. ).
Hope this helps. Mike.
Excellent Mike, if it really is that easy :) Thanks. I have had the radio out previously, so know how to get to that ok. I also tried to remove the glove box and dashtop to trace the existing aerial lead but had a problem there with failure. Not sure why but I removed every screw I could find but it wouldn't come out. Will try again when have aerial.

Firewood:- thanks but mine is a 2006 Boxer, *not* a 'new' X250. Different 'van.

Harvey

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Aerial fitting

MikeH said:
Open bonnet, remove panel, top corner near windscreen, (two screws)

Mike, had a look this evening. I thought you meant inside engine compartment but now I think you mean to remove the black grille / scuttle along the screen bottom. I'd have to undo more than two screws to remove the nearside half of that, so could you confirm that's what you meant please?

Thanks

harvey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.