Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Been having lots of issues with computer, including "dell laptop - no sound", anyone managed to solve this?.

More than anything I have had loads of problems with IE (Internet Explorer Web Browser). Around 20 attempts at restore (would not restore to earlier dates). Restarts, downloads IE 8 downloads. I decided to try another Browser.

Been using Flock now for a week in has been superb, far better and faster then IE.

Just a thought in case anyone else had similar issues.

Trev.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Flock is really only Firefox with a heavy "social-networking" bias. I'm not sure that all the Firefox "Add-ons" work with Flock, and it's the "Add-ons" which make Firefox so adaptable and user-friendly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is a new Internet Explorer out shortly...which by all accounts going to give Firefox a run for its' money. I use Safari 4 from Apple it is very quick and reliable. Have not used IE7 0R IE8 for ages they are to unreliable.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
asprn said:
IE8 has caused three colleagues lots of problems. I went round last week after one begged me to sort it out, and I did - by installing FireFox.

:)

Dougie.
Dougie it caused chaos on my main computer too and still keeps telling me it wants to install it.....

I had to search through MS web site to find out how to get rid of it and get back to the old one....

Mind you I only used it for a web site for designing kitchens, as I hate it anyway, and always use Firefox....and it is the add-ons that make that so good.... brilliant browser and don't need another, but WHY oh why do companies not make their sites compatible, I always email them and tell them they should....and virtually always get a response, having addressed it to the [email protected]

Carol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.