Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Football post for football Fans !!

526K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  GMJ 
#1 ·
Hi, Now the title is very specific :D

I've come on here for a Rant :!:

My team :? Cambridge united are having a very bad start to the season....The last 3 games have seen them lose to AFC Wimbledon,Newport county, & Bath city :!: (NO Disrespect Intended)
but a few season's ago these teams were using Jumpers for goalposts.

My wife say's pick another team :roll: (Alright love) :lol:

Just feeling disillusioned & feel like taking the advice of the Majority on here and start following Tennis,cricket or Rugby.

Anyone :!: On here ever felt the same way about their team ? Please :(

#2 ·
Hi Moblee
I feel for you, my team is Bradford City!! :( Not long ago we were welcoming the likes of Chelsea and Manchester Utd to Valley Parade!
Now we are sat second to the bottom of league 2 (the old div 4)
Peter Taylor is our manager and we have just signed Lee Hendrie, and still 2nd bottom. :oops:
You simply cannot change teams, you have to take the bad times, this makes the good times that much better.
Have you thought of changing wife?
Only joking :D
We are going full time next year and wll obviously be visiting places such as Barcelona, Madrid, Milan etc...maybe I can become a part time supporter of any of these clubs as I will be a temporary resident!! :lol:

#3 ·
Hi Moblee.
I know how you feel ,i support Liverpool.
I`m just glad i have seen some success over the years,but cannot see much change in the forseeable future :cry: :cry: .
Just hope they win today,so they go above Everton :lol: :lol:

Les

#4 ·
Sorry for the way things are going at CU. I'm sure that things will turn around in time. The set-up at your place is just too good to be down for too long.
You ask if you should give up on Cambridge? Isn't the question really 'Should / can Cambridge give up on you?' Some how I doubt it :). They have, no doubt, infected you in a way that my lot have infected me over these last 50 years or so. In otherwords, don't try & fight it because you can't win. You may decide to miss a game or two but, ultimately, a local derby against Histon or a wet Tuesday against Gateshead will draw you back. You know it...I know it...and every chuffin' football fan on here knows it!! :)

#6 ·
moblee said:
Thanks chaps :D

I've supported United for 34 years now through the good & the Bad times.

There Does come a time though when watching dross really starts to p*ss you off :!: :!: :eek: :lol:
Please, listen to yer Uncle jimmy. Firstly, 98% of football fans are watching dross (that's a fact...just invented by me :)) so you aren't alone there. Secondly, I personally (other than to give a fellow member of the forum some support) don't care whether you are watching dross or eating caviar, the point remains that CU are in your blood & there is chuff all you can do about it. Go on then, miss half a dozen games, but don't come crying to me when you are watching repeats of Homes Under The Hammer or the latest goings on in a 'typical' street in Manchester. Then you really will have something to be p***ed off about!!

#10 ·
KSH said:
Am I the only one who isn't complaining in here then :lol: :lol: :lol:
One of my closest friends - a season ticket holder at your place until the end of last season. Still goes, on a casual, pay per game, basis. Guess where he WASN'T yesterday? A text he sent me last night, suggests it's a decision he will regret for the rest of his life.

#16 ·
moblee said:
Chigman said:
So glad that I'm a Chelsea fan :D
steve
You're a lucky man steve :D

But I'm stuck/devoted to Cambridge....We need a Big investor,I think I'll do the Euromillions friday :lol:
Ahh, but it hasn't always been as good as it is now. I remember the days of the old division two unfortunately. :(

I look out for all my local teams, and I include in that.. leyton orient, southend, colchester, crystal palace (who along with fulham are my second teams if you like :D ) and QPR ect. 8)

steve

#17 ·
Cheer up Phil, things will change for the better soon :roll: . I had a downer with OUFC a couple of years ago when I lost interest (health considerations also part of the reason :( ), but struggled back and we got back into the league. Big investors aren't always the answer (we had Maxwell, and when he went overboard it all went pear shaped :!: ), it needs a steady boardroom & management, not easy 8) .

These big clubs have it easy :lol: :lol:

And who was it beat Port Vale on Saturday with a late winner :?: :idea: . My son phoned me up to say he'd left after Vale scored their equaliser with 2 minutes of injury time gone, then missed the winner :lol: :lol: . That'll teach him to go before the final whistle.

#18 ·
Moblee- I know how you feel ,I support Liverpool.
I`m just glad i have seen some success over the years,but cannot see much change in the forseeable future Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .
Just hope they win today,so they go above Everton Laughing Laughing
[/quote]

I used to be a football fan-and now I watch Liverpool!!!(went yesterday) so now I just...watch Liverpool...without the football!!

Even joined the Demo's before and after game.

Hope those who wanted Rafa sacked are now happy....Moral for them....be wary of what you wish for :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Steve (Chigman) will do you a long PM sometime soon in the form of a "Cathartic Release" . Sure you don't want a different Manager ??...RH?? ...rumour has it he used to "Manage" a mediocre mid-table team recently- now, his current Team, in his own words are "in a Relegation Battle"...now who would've thought I'd ever hear a Liverpool Manager say that?? He doesn't know meaning of word "tactics"

So- Moblee- my sympathies are with you

Mini-rant over-for now!

HICKS-GILLETTE-HODGSON...and the Board....OUT!!!

#19 ·
Telbell said:
Moblee- I know how you feel ,I support Liverpool.
I`m just glad i have seen some success over the years,but cannot see much change in the forseeable future Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .
Just hope they win today,so they go above Everton Laughing Laughing
I used to be a football fan-and now I watch Liverpool!!!(went yesterday) so now I just...watch Liverpool...without the football!!

Even joined the Demo's before and after game.

Hope those who wanted Rafa sacked are now happy....Moral for them....be wary of what you wish for :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Steve (Chigman) will do you a long PM sometime soon in the form of a "Cathartic Release" . Sure you don't want a different Manager ??...RH?? ...rumour has it he used to "Manage" a mediocre mid-table team recently- now, his current Team, in his own words are "in a Relegation Battle"...now who would've thought I'd ever hear a Liverpool Manager say that?? He doesn't know meaning of word "tactics"

So- Moblee- my sympathies are with you

Mini-rant over-for now!

HICKS-GILLETTE-HODGSON...and the Board....OUT!!![/quote]

Oh Tell. I was wondering when you was going to turn up in this thread. :roll: Now that you have, I have to say that I feel for you at this moment in time, I would absolutely hate it if we were down there to be honest. I don't think that trend will continue though, it cant, your Liverpool, and Liverpool don't do bottom three do they ? :roll:

I think that Roy will bring you through the hardship, but looks like he will need a fair amount of time now to do that. I think he's a good manager, well, he done alright at Fulham, and he seems the type of man that the players would want to play for IMO. Maybe it's just down to lack of quality more than anything else mate, even Torres looks like a Sunday morning park player at the moment. 8O Just to end, I wouldn't worry too much at this stage of the season, the manager needs to be given a chance, and I know Liverpool fans are all for that, so I can only see good things ahead for your team. It may take a while though mate. Good luck

steve

#20 ·
Sorry Steve- believe me you're on the wrong tracks. RH may have done a reasonable job at Fulham but he failed miserably at other clubs-and he's failing miserably with us.

We've got the players-and who can blame Torres for being p---ed of when the Managers tactics, selections (playing people out of position as an example) and formations are as they are.

RH was put there as a "yes" man to the Board, a nice media-friendly person who wouldn't upset the "Cartel" of Fergie, Fat Sam and "Big Fat 'ead" Bruce....and who would come up with the hackneyed cliches loved by journos-the exact opposite of the man they sacked....who incidentally manages a team playing attractive, attacking football and which currently tops their own National League and their group in the CL.

Second mini-rant over!

:wink:

#21 ·
Telbell said:
Sorry Steve- believe me you're on the wrong tracks. RH may have done a reasonable job at Fulham but he failed miserably at other clubs-and he's failing miserably with us.

We've got the players-and who can blame Torres for being p---ed of when the Managers tactics, selections (playing people out of position as an example) and formations are as they are.

RH was put there as a "yes" man to the Board, a nice media-friendly person who wouldn't upset the "Cartel" of Fergie, Fat Sam and "Big Fat 'ead" Bruce....and who would come up with the hackneyed cliches loved by journos-the exact opposite of the man they sacked....who incidentally manages a team playing attractive, attacking football and which currently tops their own National League and their group in the CL.

Second mini-rant over!

:wink:
Well that's just how I and many other non Liverpool supporters see him in our blinkered sort of way Tell. Obviously you know only to well and better than us outsiders how he fits or maybe not as the case maybe into the Liverpool fold. On second thoughts then, maybe he wont last to long. :?

steve

#23 ·
I'm one of the few Manu supporters actually born in Manchester. I must say after watching football (& playing) for over 50 years I'm getting very frustrated with all the cheating that goes on in every team and almost every player. I can't understand how pundits like Andy Grey etc justify it. eg " he only pushed him a little bit or he hardly touched him or he only had his arms round him he didnt grab hold of him. They cheat all the time and try and claim corners, throw-ins, or free kicks when they know it's false.
I wish the Ref's would use the rules, they are fairly straight forward.

Sorry to go off topic, cmon Cambridge :D

#24 ·
bigbazza said:
I'm one of the few Manu supporters actually born in Manchester. I must say after watching football (& playing) for over 50 years I'm getting very frustrated with all the cheating that goes on in every team and almost every player. I can't understand how pundits like Andy Grey etc justify it. eg " he only pushed him a little bit or he hardly touched him or he only had his arms round him he didnt grab hold of him. They cheat all the time and try and claim corners, throw-ins, or free kicks when they know it's false.
I wish the Ref's would use the rules, they are fairly straight forward.

Sorry to go off topic, cmon Cambridge :D
Yeah it goes on, of coarse it does but, the officials need to do their jobs alot better IMO and get a grip of the game. They need to have the balls to give a penalty for instance, if a penalty is whats deserved, unlike the pen that wasn't given against man city for Newcastle on Saturday. The ref had a clear view of it but didn't give it. As a consequence, man city are now second in the league when they shouldn't be. :evil:

I know I've drifted a bit :roll: but needed to get that off me chest. :lol:

Come on you Cambridge. :eek:

steve

#25 ·
I started following Darlington in 1985.

In the last two years i haven't been once. Mixture of the poor footy, flogging a dead horse, and a horrible ground that no fan ever wanted.

I only listen to football on the radio, as i refuse to be a paying member of the Premier League hype machine. I also don't enjoy the footy that much, something sticks in my throat about the money etc.

Keep meaning to start watching Northern League games, Nissan Sunderland, Shildon, Darlington R A etc.... just not got round to it yet.

Freddiebooks

#26 ·
Freddiebooks said:
I started following Darlington in 1985.

In the last two years i haven't been once. Mixture of the poor footy, flogging a dead horse, and a horrible ground that no fan ever wanted.

I only listen to football on the radio, as i refuse to be a paying member of the Premier League hype machine. I also don't enjoy the footy that much, something sticks in my throat about the money etc.

Keep meaning to start watching Northern League games, Nissan Sunderland, Shildon, Darlington R A etc.... just not got round to it yet.

Freddiebooks
Hi Freddie

there's some good stuff played in the lower non-leagues; Bognor got as high as the Conference South a couple of years ago, but dropped down a couple of leagues now, they have always been entertaining when I've been down there. Some good players who didn't quite make it are scudding around these leagues.........