Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is about to import a 2008 LHD Transit based Dethleffs from Germany, does anyone know if there is a facility to change the lights for RHD or will he need to change the headlights totally.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not sure about the headlight but the rear fog light and reversing light will probably have to be swapped around so the reversing light is on the left and fog light on the right (offside). A little bit of rewiring will be required.

Martin

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,422 Posts
Ours is a 2007 LHD Transit and we haven't changed our headlights as most of our travelling is done on the continent.

It's not an MOT requirement to change them but they do have to be properly blanked so they don't dazzle oncoming traffic.

Apparently it is a requirement to have an MPH speedo - or have I misremembered that? We did change that in ours, though its a right nuisance as the KPH is then too small to be read easily.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I did read on the Ford transit forum that European vehicle headlights dip down. Its only UK that insist that headlights dip to the side. Might be worth checking.
My 2004 Transit also has MPH & KMH markings but the KM marking are in red and almost impossible to read unless you press your face against the steering wheel. I know its now a requirement for modern vehicles to show both not sure when it came into force. So you should be ok on that one.

Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.