Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6,514 Posts

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Hi Pusser

Not a criticism but trying to make life easier.
Cut and paste the url into the box in the website www.tinyurl.com

· Registered
6,514 Posts
autostratus said:
Hi Pusser

Not a criticism but trying to make life easier.
Cut and paste the url into the box in the website www.tinyurl.com
No prob - just giving it a go to see what happens....

Wicked - thanks for that tip - oops slight hick up. Can do this using thingys above. wait one...

Click on...

Zulita Aires

ps...although I preceded the link with (color=red) and ended the url with (/color) it didn't go red. How do I make it a different colour. I have put in round brackets otherwise you won't know what i am talking about if I use square ones.

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Pusser had given the url to take a viewer straight to your pics of aires.

I gave him the url www.tinyurl.com which is a way to compress an unwieldy url down to a simple and manageable one.

He then put that compressed link together with Zulurita's Aires as an example of something you could put under your signature as Peejay , myself and others have done.

Hope that makes sense. If not, come back.

· Registered
6,514 Posts

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Pusser said:
That's what I did with the colour as per my example with round brackets. I didn't use tiny url cos the url icon above does the same thing. Just going to try and see why me colour don't work properly.

testing 1234567

Testing colour with url..

(url=http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Zuluritas-Aires-Visited&op=modload&name=Photo_Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php]Zulita Aires[/url)

....giving up as we speak.. I can get colour or I get the url but not both even though the url is inserted twixt color as suggested. Which is wot i did before with same success.
Pusser, I found one bracket missing and moved the 'color' to just around the text.
Replace the first and last brackets from ( and ) to [ and ] to see.

· Registered
6,514 Posts
Thanks Gillian - will have a go in a minute. Called away for yet another job. That's two today already. Reading your link, I didn't know you were a size 18 - :D

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
I spotted that and was thinking about making the comment myself I as fully expected one from you.
I think it must be historical as it's a bit more than that now. We won't continue down that road.

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
zulurita said:
Thanks, I see what you mean but not sure if I know how to do it. Just been to the tinyurl site and have my url cut down to ;

http://tinyurl.com/bbj2t
think I've added it to my signature? Don't know how to get it into colour. Let me see what happens when I post this.
This is it
(url=http://tinyurl.com/9wasp]Zulurita's Aires[/url)

or
Zulurita's Aires

with first and last brackets changed from [ and ] to ( and ) as before so that you can read it. Change them back and it works.

The easy way to play with these is to put it into a reply to any post and keep using the preview to check it as you make changes. You just use it as a drawing board. :)
When you are satisfied scrap the reply.

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Rita

If you want help, please say.

· Premium Member
6,271 Posts
As pusser pointed out, you don't need to go to "tiny" everything you need is available on the icons and pull down menus you see above the messages you type. Just put your cusor over the icon and you will see what each is by the banner at the top of the message. Copy your url to the clip board and click on the Insert url icon and paste the url in the pop up frame. To change the color of text select the font color and put your text between the tags created.

For

Zulurita's Aires

you would write this but change the curly brakets to square ones.
{url=http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Zuluritas-Aires-Visited&op=modload&name=Photo_Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php] {color=red]Zulurita's Aires [/color][/url}

Zulurita I would much appreciate it if you would indicate which department of France your aires are in on the photos caption . My French geography is not that good and if I search a French atlas there is very often more than one place with the same name.

peedee

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
peedee, I take you point with regard to tinyurl but for me it is less confusing when I get to playing with text colour etc.

Can I ask you and at the same time, Rita.
Have you seen the topic Pics of French Aires I've raised in the Website Help section?
We still don't know whether it's possible but I'd still welcome feedback.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.