Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

On a similar theme to the Italian motorway toll thread, the website for the French motorway network is...

www.autoroutes.fr

You can calculate your tolls there. (Well, I think you can, but the only options seem to be for can, minibus or lorry)

The link below will help you to work out what class your vehicle is.

Basically, motorhomes are class 2, if less than 3500kg and less than 3.00m high.

Above 3.00m high (how do they know) and/or above 350kg, then you're van is class 3.

It seems that tag alxes could well be in class 4!

Russell

French motorway toll classification

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Rates

Hello Russel,

I think with regard to Motorhomes the booth operators tend to charge motorhomers "Sous Class Touristic" or Class II.

The rates were lowered for motorhomes about 18 months ago, as the minimum was usually always Class III for anything larger than a VW size camper van.

For the last year and 1/2 of our near four years and approximate 15,000 Autoroute miles we have always been charge Class II with two exceptions. One when we used an Automated Truck exit and were charged Class IV and a couple of weeks ago when an Operator charged us Class III and I did not notice (blamed attributed to co-pilot).

My advice, unless you have a Large US RV or a Monster Tag Axle* is this.....

Keep all your toll receipts, if you pay cash ask for "une ticket s.v.p". Always check the classification they are charging you, it will usually be displayed at the end of the price on the cashiers desk like this......

Prix €29.40 ---- TTC---- Classe II

If they charge you class III question this and show the operator your previous tickets. If they still refuse, hold up the que and ask for a Supervisor. When in France!

Trev

* Otherwise you may end up getting charged Class IV as Russel Mentioned!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi

Russell is quite correct if you disagree with the booth attendant you will be asked for your carte gris (the vehicle registration document) and if it shows over 3.5T then expect to pay Class 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.