Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We've now narrowed down what's happening with our leisure battery (or I think we have!). The battery is fine as long as we don't run the fridge on 12v while we're travelling. Now, I admit I'm hopeless at understanding these things but I understood that lthe fridge ran off of the starter battery, that's why it only works when going along - have I got that wrong? Even so I'm sure it shouldn't deplete the either battery! It charges up again as long as we leavel the fridge off. Can anyone advise, please?

sorry if I haven't given enough info
-H

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Helen and RobinHood - as far as I can tell the battery is charging from the engine - we've not had it on the charger for weeks (we use the van most days) and were away for two nights without hookup so I think if it wasn't charging at all it would be flat by now. Tho when we went away we didn't have the fridge on while we were travelling cos there was nothing in it :lol: I just put it on today cos it was hot and we had milk to bring home.

Anyway, sounds a bit complicated for me to check everything :oops: and our manuals are in Italian 8O so as the van is still covered by warranty I'll phone the dealer on Tuesday :roll:

Thanks again for the help
-H

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brambles said:
But as you said is under warranty and dealer should sort out, but if he scratches his head and looks blank you can ask if he has done the above checks.
Thanks for the advice Brambles, will do these checks before and after taking it in, that way we should have an idea if the dealer has changed anything!! As it's a fair distance away we don't want to be going backwards and forwards.

-H

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.