Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. We arrive at Boulogne next Thursday morning, probably quite low on fuel, not sure if we could make it to the Auchan out by the motorway.
I haven't seen it but I am sure I read somewhere that there is a L'Eclerc at Boulogne, anyone any suggestions? Don't say "fill up in England" as I object to paying all that tax.
Cheers Sid

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike. Just realised "L'Eclerc" is in the directions to the aire at Le Portel, I am not sure how far the aire is from the port.
Regards Sid

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
SidT said:
Hi. We arrive at Boulogne next Thursday morning, probably quite low on fuel, not sure if we could make it to the Auchan out by the motorway.
I haven't seen it but I am sure I read somewhere that there is a L'Eclerc at Boulogne, anyone any suggestions? Don't say "fill up in England" as I object to paying all that tax.
Cheers Sid
I would spend £5.00 on fuel in Dover which would more than get me to the Auchan on the N24 and give me peace of mind.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Sid,
We find that the supermarket at this location is [cheaper] . .
Lat 50.700241 / Long 1.608564
This is on Boulevard Industrial - from the main A16 from Calais, then N416, over the bridge and the entrance is just on your left.
[If you have 'Flash Earth' you can zoom right in to the petrol Stn in the supermarket carpark

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the info. The usual commonsence approach from Gillian. We will see how much fuel we have when we arrive at Dover.
Cheers Sid

·
Registered
669 Posts
Not sure about the issue with tax,rather it stay in our country than in France :wink:

We were there at Easter & to be honest fuel seemed to be about the same as here,infact in some places it was dearer.
I think thats to do with £/euro and the French removing subsides from their diesel.

Gary

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wondered who would pick up on the tax thing rather than where to get fuel in Boulogne. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grouch. In my original post I was looking for somewhere nearer than Auchan.

Cheers Sid.

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
If you're on fumes at Dover,buy gallon and waste 10p over the saving in France.If not on fumes then you'll get to Auchan 10mins away.All I add further is what a question to ask. 8O 8O :roll: :roll:

tony

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gemmy. Nothing wrong with the question, I want to fill up in Boulogne and head South without going out to Auchan which is more than 10mins.
Cheers Sid

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.