Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Fuze Box Problem

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Pudsey_Bear 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a big problem with my fuze box !

My fuze box caught fire. I think it was the cigar lighter which got too hot, and caused a short . . . . .

I have a second hand fuze box, but, the guy who was helping me said that we just take out a wire, and put it into the new box !!
I wanted to make a diagram !! . . I war right !!!

Now we have wires all over the place, and no idea where they go !
I have a Russek Manual, with the wire diagram in it, but, it is not very good, in fact, it is really bad!

For example G = Green . . . . . . and V also = Green

Whereas there is no Grey . . . and I have lots of grey wires!

So obviously one of the Green codes is Grey, and I suspect it is the G

But I also have a few White wires and yet on the diagram this is no white !

Has anyone got an up to date diagram for a 1990 fuze box . .. mine is on a Ducato Chassis . .. .
or. . ..
a picture . . . photo . . . or any help would be lovely !

Attached is a diagram which I made in Powerpoint, taken from the Russek manual !
A = Light Blue B = White BL = Blue G = Green J = Yellow M = Brown
N = Black O = Orange R = Red Ro = Pink V = Green Vi = Purple

I think the G is Grey !

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
He would have been right, but only if doing ONE WIRE AT A TIME.

I take it that you have at last disconnected the battery.:wink2:

If you do not get any detailed help soon then I suggest you go to a breakers yard and do a diagram of the fuse box in situ. or buy the box and ask them to cut the wires off and leave ends with colours as a guide.

As a second thought, perhaps you should connect all the wires that are simple and straight forward.Then come back to us and tell us what you have left, I am sure we could manage that.

good luck

cabby

#3 ·
As Cabby says but perhaps a photograph would be better and would have made the job easier in the first place, I take on even if it's only two wire to remove and replace, takes a second and saves a fortune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.