Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Germany to Venice via Austria and Lake Garda

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Metromary 
#1 ·
:D Hi Everybody. I remember in the old site something was mentioned about 2 or 3 things of which I am interested. I shall be travelling the second half of September from Germany (Murnau - between Munich and Garmich Partenkichen), through Austria to Italy via Lake Garda and then to Venice. Our motorhome is 30ft ( maybe 34ft if we change it). I understand that there may be extra charges for this size. My questions are:-

1. What are the possible routes and charges through Austria to Italy.
2. Which would be the better route? 1. Take the mountain pass (Brenner) via Autobahn, or (2) take the old road which runs in parrallel.
3. We have Dutch and German couples coming with us. Would it be cheaper to take another car so they can return to Germany whilst we carried on to Spain. Or, would it be cheaper to go only in our motorhome and return back to Murnau.
All your help will be most appreciated. :D :D :D :D

Discussion starter · #3 ·
:D Thanks for that bognormike. We are over 3.5 and I thought it was something like that. That's one reason for thinking about the old road route. Thanks again. :D

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Trip To Venice from German and Austria via Lake Garda.

:D Further to my previous post. Does anyone know of the charges on Italian motorways for a large RV? :D

Discussion starter · #8 ·
:D Thanks for that peejay. I have managed to find most of the information I require now. However, if anyone knows of any Aires or Free (Wild) Camping spots at Lake Garda and Mestre in Italy? I would be most grateful. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.