Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We shall be setting off on Wednesday 3rd going through the chunnell and first stop City Europe for a small quantity of wine, and then who knows, we have to be back in 6 weeks so we shall meander.

But the next few days we shall be busy packing and checking everything

Regards Loddy

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything is packed including the sink ready for the off in the morning,

I'll try and keep in touch to add any words of wisdom (putting oar in ) that you require

All the best Loddy (Alan and Estelle )

·
Registered
18,303 Posts
Take it esy Alan & Estelle, dont go charging about like a young bull.

Im packed ready for Assen in 3 weeks time. Son in law does not know he will be driving on the other side. Were insured ok

Dave P

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Have a great time Loddy.
We adore France and camping there.
I know what you mean as Ray tells me off for the things I load into the M/H far to much Im afraid, he says he wouldnt get through all the clothes even if he wore two of everything at once.
So have a good nights sleep and off you go. :wave:

·
Registered
520 Posts
france

hi we are in the dordogne at mo, zig zaging back home after touring round spain, etc don't want to come home but weathers getting a bit hot now for our dog ? some fantastic aires in france and cant believe you don't have to pay,will post some names when we get home ,only thing is it not as cheap for booze and food in france any more stock up in spain, ?? we did not, starting to look for ferrys in sept . but don't think i would like to sail portsmouth sanander again , tom n dog loved it but my tummy did not,?? hope the crossing will be kinder on way home?? or will have to go by tunnel and hang the expense :lol: next time ,hope you all have a great time on your trips, tom n june

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't know how you folks do it!

Our packing starts at noon the day before leaving.

Ffirst the washing and drying of clothes.

Next shopping for food required to tide us through the first day or so.

Next hunting down those essentials.

Then laying everything out and checking.

Bed at midnight.

At 8am start packing the van with everything.

10am set off.

Noon stop for a cup of tea and check the packing list to discover what essentials we have forgotten.

At 1pm forget about everything relax and enjoy the trip.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I spent yesterday cleaning the van in and out, checking tyre pressures, fluids etc. I gutted it and repacked all essentials. Madam cleaned the fridge and cutlery/utensils. Today it will be bedded and wardrobed and we leave at 4.30pm for Dover as we have our grandaughter till 4pm.

We never pack until hours before we leave, regardless of travel mode.

We always forget something!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Getting excited!

One year we forgot panlids completely - which made for an interesting piece of shopping in a small ironmongers' in Italy, trying to buy a more-or-less universal lid, with zero Italian . . .

Helen

·
Registered
682 Posts
We make a list of things we forgot on the previous trip and normally forget where we put the list. Does it really mater if you forget summat, its not like they dont have shops in Europe.

Noel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.