Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,698 Posts
Why not just give the job to hour insurance company? They will have some clout to bring pressure to bear on Autotrail.

You can nearly bet that there will be the need for a few more bits from them or even possibly a few wrong or ill fitting bits will need to be returned to them.

All far better left to the insurer.

Reactions: GMJ and barryd

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,698 Posts
It is not the fault of the insurers at this stage Baz. They are not directly involved, but in my opinion need to be in Jan's best interests.

Reactions: barryd

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,698 Posts
Given that you haven't had any money from the insurer yet it may be possible to get them to take the van to England for repairs and leave you entirely out of the repair. Autitrail may refund you since they haven't sent the parts. I assume you ordered long ago?

As you can see even before you get started there are problems with getting parts to you. As I said your insurance company, not your broker, will have clout. Having them deal with it will ensure that nothing comes back on you later on Jan.

You may still be able to get them to take over.

What are Autotrail saying about delivery dates of the parts to you and what are the duty and VAT implications of that? How will it be dealt with if more parts are needed or a wrong part comes?

Reactions: barryd

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,698 Posts
Well that at least should mean that they will pick up any unexpected import costs.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,698 Posts
They will take the view that they were not the ones dealing with the repair and cannot be held responsible for any delays.

Best just ask nicely, or better still hand the whole thing over to them because you aren't even started yet and I'm afraid my bet is that Autotrail will send parts that are a bad fit or aren't right.

Reactions: GMJ and barryd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts