Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Getting fed up waiting for parts

17K views 337 replies 13 participants last post by  JanHank 
#1 ·
Goodness only knows when Auto-Trail will send the parts and the devil only knows when they will get here so I´m back to thinking it may be wise for me to get another van, howsomever which make.
There is no other van this side of the water like my Navajo, all have fixed beds for a start cutting down on my daytime space, I can´t find one with flat flooring, the ones I have seen all have steps inside and steps up to the beds at the back. It must be single beds not a double. Does anyone have any ideas for me? My licence covers C1, but I don´t want a bus, just a 2 berth motorhome. Any tips please.

This is the Navajo layout.
Product Rectangle Font Output device Technology
Product Rectangle Font Output device Technology

See less See more
#79 ·
One more step, I have, under Rogers instruction, asked Tynevalley (Amy) to send what she has if the other bit doesn´t arrive today, that can be sent on when she gets it, she has agreed so with or without, the big lot should be on it´s way very soon. I won´t get too excited, it will then be up to the carriers and the customs.

#80 ·
The chap (Thomas) phoned last night to confirm he will be here on Friday between 10 and 10.30, he`s leaving home at 4am. Lives the other side of Germany Leer, Ostfriesland, I think he might be a bit optimistic about his arrival time unless he drives all that way without a break. I have got everything ready that I can, all in boxes except for the really heavy chucks etc that are too heavy and clumsy for me to handle.
Day of housework today, I have been neglecting it, and shopping, must buy a cake I don`t have the time or will to make one.

#83 ·
You might as well share my wait, I emailed Tynevalley this morning to find out if any progress had been made and Amy tells me ----
All packed and ready to go, I am not sure if this includes the last bit or not, it is Wednesday so maybe it arrived this morning,

#91 ·
Something I didn´t think about until Saturday when the insurance request for may Annual personal injury insurance came, I might be able to claim on that for the days I spent in hospital if nothing else so I asked, the form was sent on a Pdf and tomorrow I go to see my insurance man for him to fill it all in for me. I don't think he even knew I had been in hospital, he just knew the van was burnt. I also asked him to chase up the assessors report on the LPG pump. Who knows, the claim might pay for the diesel to France 😁

#96 ·
Now we have it, the customs want Matthias's customs tax number which is different to a normal tax number and his is out of date so he's had to apply for a new one and is waiting for that, it´s all bloody wait wait wait. It is naturally all Brexits fault, without a doubt.

#103 · (Edited)
About an hour ago I popped in to see my Navajo, Matthias has done as much to the body work as he can, now he is just waiting for the parts to arrive. At the moment he is waiting for a number to arrive from the German tax office to pass on the customs, then TNT can finish the job and bring the parts to him.

#111 ·
I´ll just bore you a bit more.
Went to look at the Navajo, I´m not confident I will have it for Easter, the parts are correct except a different shade of white, but he still has so much to do. I told him to work days, nights and weekends and he said he will try his very best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.