Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, I am experiencing a serious issue on my Windows 10 computer. After a few minutes of working on the computer, I received this error message "The requested operation requires elevation." I do not have any idea how can I able to fix it. Could someone please help me to solve the issue? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
Is it a laptop, PC or what? How old and have you ever cleaned out the dust? Is the fan still working?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
31,998 Posts
I see the MHF tech support is offering up some high tech solutions here. :D

I'm out and about but I believe it's to do with permissions. You don't have rights to whatever it is your trying to access be it an app, a file or an external hard drive or usb stick. If it's an app you could try right clicking and run as administrator. I suspect maybe the local account is not an administrator or someone put restrictions on the disk or file. If you Google the error in quotes you will find a solution

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Although it is a Motorhome Forum, it has a Computer Help section.
And that's why people much less judgemental than me(read nicer) have offered a few solutions.
But I absolutely agree with @bognormike.
It's a very strange first post and seems to be happening a lot recently in a way that I do not see on other Forums.Very unusual and complicated questions often tagged on to ages old threads with limited information and no photographs. We're not friends if you don't introduce yourself and don't seem to have made any effort to Google what you are looking for.

It's not that people do not report back as I guess this happens on many Forums.I just don't sense (do you mean deduce Holmes :alien:) that they are genuine posts. But then again there are much nicer people than me.;)

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I know we disagree on this Jean.
BUT if I had a problem with my computer I would search on Google and hopefully get exactly the information you found (and probably many other solutions)
I would not think to join a Motorhome Forum,even if I don't have a motorhome(????) not introduce myself in any way and then ask my new friends in my first post if they can help.
But as I say there are people who are a lot nicer than me.
(Surely not Holmes I've always found you to be a first rate fellow :alien:)

Reactions: greygit and JanHank

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
Yes we do disagree Peter. You may have been correct in your suspicions on occasion, you know that you have been wrong at least once.

Supposing you're right.... Will your (usually) sneering post make any difference to the OP if he's only posted to get numbers up and has no interest in any replies? The answer is surely NO. So why waste time and effort? Just ignore it. Deny the OP the responses they're craving.

Supposing you're wrong, and the OP is someone with a genuine question? (S)he may not have the forum etiquette skills that you apparently require for entry into the club but they may be genuine all the same..... Will your (usually) sneering post make any difference to the OP - I believe so. So why take the risk?

II wish both Sherlock and Holmes would just swan off into the sunset.

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
OK Tom. I guess I can't add anything more with my limited experience. Hope that Barry can help more with your problem.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
31,998 Posts
The link Jean has provided confirms my diagnosis. Has the OP read it? Perhaps further explanation of exactly what they are trying to do is needed.

·
Premium Member
31,998 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know we disagree on this Jean.
BUT if I had a problem with my computer I would search on Google and hopefully get exactly the information you found (and probably many other solutions)
I would not think to join a Motorhome Forum,even if I don't have a motorhome(????) not introduce myself in any way and then ask my new friends in my first post if they can help.
But as I say there are people who are a lot nicer than me.
(Surely not Holmes I've always found you to be a first rate fellow :alien:)
Now then, children. Play nice !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts