Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
! have a Glomex S460s Dome which is once again proving a problem to set up.

Is there any satellite service engineers who could come to Polegate , East Sussex who can come & set it up for me.?

As we have travelled through out southern England this year from Worcestershire across to Kent, each time we have had to run a set up each time, to try & get decent steady tv reception.

Now today we have lost signal receptrion completely despite tryig to install the latest update from Glomex which is dated September 2014 version 2.24.

Are we on a hiding to nothing with this system?

Do we need to travel to a Dealer, who may be able to sort this unit, or should we scrap it and purchase something better?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Now today we have lost signal receptrion completely despite tryig to install the latest update from Glomex which is dated September 2014 version 2.24.
I know nothing about Glomex systems but am aware that many satellite frequencies have changed since 2014 as new satellites come online so suspect the Sept. 2014 update may well be out of date. For instance we had to reset the software on our Oyster in July 2015 due to frequency changes, as have several other users I've spoken to.

You need to contact Glomex (or one of their dealers) to get a current frequency update.

Same problems with all automatic systems so probably wouldn't be any different if you change to a different one.

Reactions: 96706

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Miriad near Derby are the local agents, or they were last year when I had my Glomex overhauled at great expense, but the bloke who did it (his name escapes me now) couldnt have been more helpfull. It was a failed circuit board.
My Glomex also woudnt work even though I did their latest softwareupdate. I think the website is glomex.it. you must have a plain, clean, new SD card not SDHD 1 or 2Mb althiugh you can use re-use one you have previously used for a glomex update. Will go check the website now.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Go to www.glomex.it > technical support > glomex mobile > download software > choose your model and follow instructions.

NB refer my previous post re ibstr for SD card. Format according to glomex instr.

Sure that the 2015 update wasnt there in July when i did mine.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to www.glomex.it > technical support > glomex mobile > download software > choose your model and follow instructions.

NB refer my previous post re ibstr for SD card. Format according to glomex instr.

Sure that the 2015 update wasnt there in July when i did mine.
July update is for S460M not the S460S which is our unit.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glomex Discovery S460S update

Glomex released an update for the S460S Discovery on 23/6/17 - V2.27. it is available from www.glomexmobile.com under technical support. However, anytime I downloaded it and tried to upgrade my control box it would not work. I spoke to a great guy called Ron at Miriad Products Ltd in the UK (email: [email protected]) and he emailed me the update. When you receive it, download it to a folder. You must transfer it to an SD card of not more than 2GB capacity. The card must be clean and formatted to FAT32. You cannot use an SD hd card. To transfer the data, right click on your folder, then copy & paste to the card. (Note: by clicking 'send to' it will not work). Once you have the data saved to the card, you can insert the card (logo side up) into the control box. The LED light will turn orange for 10-15 seconds and then green to confirm the transfer has been successful. Job done.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
We have the same model and had problems early on but eventually after the final update at the back end of 2014 by the same chap (Ron) at Miriad it functioned very well. We had it taken off our old van with a view to getting it put on our present van, however the firm who took it off made such a mess of the job I decided not to have it refitted on this van by them and have been using a free standing dish. However I am thinking of refitting it after I check its still working. The most annoying thing is we got it watch UK TV in France but the powers that be have narrowed the footprint that much where we used to get good TV down as far as Bezzier in South of France you will be lucky to get a signal even in mid France now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
burstner joe

Glomex released an update for the S460S Discovery on 23/6/17 - V2.27. it is available from www.glomexmobile.com under technical support. However, anytime I downloaded it and tried to upgrade my control box it would not work. I spoke to a great guy called Ron at Miriad Products Ltd in the UK (email: [email protected]) and he emailed me the update. When you receive it, download it to a folder. You must transfer it to an SD card of not more than 2GB capacity. The card must be clean and formatted to FAT32. You cannot use an SD hd card. To transfer the data, right click on your folder, then copy & paste to the card. (Note: by clicking 'send to' it will not work). Once you have the data saved to the card, you can insert the card (logo side up) into the control box. The LED light will turn orange for 10-15 seconds and then green to confirm the transfer has been successful. Job done.
We have done all that you said and it still doesn't work any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Maybe a trip to visit [email protected] Miriad would help. My Glomex had a PC board failure at one time. He was so helpful and spent the whole day trying to establish the problem. This was about the 4th thing he checked for, but only billed me for the last identified problem and not the whole day's work. There's a CL nearby which they recommend to use if staying over. Good luck.

Edit: my latest update came as .NID file type which I couldn't open to extract the Update PDF file. Is this perhaps your problem? NID included instructions too which no doubt the sat dish system wasn't interested in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have done all that you said and it still doesn't work any suggestions?
Version 2.30 was released on 12/3/18. I could not download it from the Glomex site. It simply would not work. I spoke to Ron in Myriad and he emailed the new update to me which I copied to a clean SD card and installed in the control unit. I got a signal and my sky box tuned in immediately. The following day I turned the TV on again to find that I could not get a satellite signal. I tried to upload the signal again and the control unit went orange for ten seconds and then turned green indicating that it had successfully uploaded, however, I cannot pick up the Astra 2 Satellite signal. Its back to the I.T section again I'm afraid. Most frustrating!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a follow on to my last post. I downloaded v2.30 on 19/4/18 and IT WORKED FOR A DAY.
I just discovered they posted a new update V2.31 on 20/4/18. I successfully downloaded the update from the Glomex Website (Hurray) and successfully uploaded it to the Control unit. How MANY MORE TIMES WILL IT CHANGE THIS YEAR?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help. I have a Glomex s460s which has never worked. I have tried uploading the latest software but when I put the sd card into the control unit and switch it on the light goes amber for a split second and then goes red and nothing happens. Anyone out there with any hints tips or know how???

Lee

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help. I have a Glomex s460s which has never worked. I have tried uploading the latest software but when I put the sd card into the control unit and switch it on the light goes amber for a split second and then goes red and nothing happens. Anyone out there with any hints tips or know how???

Lee
I have the exact same set up and same problem i heard it has to be thesoftware from glomexand they said the software is discontinued if anybody has a cure please share as glomexthemselves werent helpful at all they wantedme to buy a new system off them at 1800£

1 - 18 of 18 Posts