Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately recent bad news means that this will probably be my last post on here, whilst the tumor in my brain shrunk, the cancer has moved down and enveloped my spinal cord, inside and out and other areas down there. I have been told that there's nothing they can do for me, other than palliative care. So I am currently in the MacMillan care centre, being looked after til the end. I have enjoyed the camaraderie on here and have made good friends with some of the members. I wish you all good health and happy trails for next year, wish I could be with you.
Alan

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Oh dear Alan, I am so sorry to read that I thought all was going so well.
You have been so brave all through your illness.
Good bye Alan, how I wish I could give you a cuddle , you will be remembered with love on this forum.

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Good travels Alan.

·
Premium Member
31,997 Posts
Oh this is indeed very sad news Alan. I think we have all had everything crossed for you and it must be awful for you and your lovely family. For once words fail me as to what to say to you other than how incredibly sorry I am to hear this. I and many others were overjoyed to see the various videos going around Facebook recently at your recent gigs with the family and friends. Those memories live on forever. Although we never met I always felt we had so much in common when it came to music, scooters and our love for trundling about the biggest mountains in Europe. I always loved your stories and posts. Try to think of those times. I wont say goodbye because its too final. Our friends and family that made an impression on our lives are never truly gone.

·
Premium Member
23,080 Posts
Now come on, we will not let such a trifle interfere with your participation on here, obviously we are all saddened to hear such news but McMillan are brilliant and they will reinforce the importance of trying to keep cheerful.

At least posting on here only requires a maximum of half a brain, that’s all the rest of us have, so you are ahead already (no pun intended).

Thank you for your best wishes for the future, the road that you are facing has no maps, may have massive potholes and twists but is still one that we all have to face, so keep on posting what you can, when you can. Contact with others is important and you are not allowed to be alone - you are one of us.

Just be thankful Barry has not sent you a lorry load of his music videos as he has done with Tuggers, the nurses there are kicking him out asap.

We ARE with you, mentally if not physically.

Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
Oh gosh Alan. We are so sorry and have very fond memories of your family on here.

Love n Hurggsssss

Ray and Prue.

·
Premium Member
36,045 Posts
Very sorry to hear that Alan.

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas, Do not go gentle into that good night

Kick some ass Alan....

Reactions: greygit

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
Alan, I am so, so sorry to hear that news. I know you were very positive and hopeful.

You've been a real inspiration on this forum, both with your travels and your music.

I will remember our meetup in France with great fondness. And tell Jayne if she ever wants to try a meet-up with the MHs just to get in touch.

God speed. You are in the best place.

Love to the family.

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
So sorry to hear your sad news. All that I am feeling has been said above. Life can be so cruel sometimes. Do keep in touch for as long as you feel able.

·
Premium Member
13,322 Posts
I already had the devastating news directly but did no feel it was correct to publish it, before Alan did himself.

I agree with so many of the comments above. Alan is a good member of the MH community but also of the music community in Ireland.

I spoke to Jayne this evening. She is holding up well and has daughter Zolene with her

I am pleased to note that he is in McMillan care and is out of pain, thankfully.

I have e-mailed Alan encouraging him to keep in touch if he feels like it.

Of course we sent our love to both of them.

Geoff and Basia

·
Premium Member
11,283 Posts
So sorry to hear this news Alan.

Life can be a bitch and turn up some really bad cards at the worst possible time, our thoughts here in Carrick are with you and your family.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
Good morning Alan, I hope you had a calm and pain-free night.

I'm sure the thoughts n prayers of all on here were winging their way to you. God bless.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,864 Posts
I'm at a loss for what to say as anything is never enough in these circumstances, I too have enjoyed your many videos of yourself and Jolene entertaining us.

Tell St Peter we all said it is okay to let you in.

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
No hug big enough for you on this motorhome journey. We'll look out for you on the road. Don't forget to wave. Lots of ❤ to you and your much beloved family.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
So sorry to read this very sad news Alan. You have been an asset to MHF with your contributions and words cannot describe how much you will be missed. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.