Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having bought a small cube PC running windows XP, I would like to use some XP compatible GPS mapping software. I have seen some called Directions Infomap.
Would appreciate any advice from anyone with PC based GPS system.

Ian

·
Registered
183 Posts
If your refering to Navigator 4 by Infomap I use this with my laptop and it's better equiped than the one in my Merc (full postcode as opposed to 1st 4 digits) .
The voice directions are great when we have somewhere in particular to go but for just touring we use MS Autoroute as an interactive map.
The voice guidance is foolproof and you have the ability to find PoI's such as banks, carparks etc.
Would recomend highly

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Hi

The Voice Guidance is on the Infomap Navigator not Autoroute 2005, I use Navigator 4 too, its fantastic software.

So far have found no flaws in Nav 4 the one way system guidance was fantastic and didnt try to get you going the wrong way down one way streets.

I do like autoroute too, but its no use (as a guidance system) unless a co pilot can relay whats happening on screen.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Navigator

Thanks George & Merpb, You have convinced me. I thought the blurb sounded good, but you can't beat hearing from people who use the software.

I'm quite pleased with the costs of the system. I have a Streetpilot III, allthough it is excellent, I only had the UK unlock code. It was over 100 pounds for the unlock key
for Europe. I resented paying all that considering the system cost me about 900 pounds when I bought it.

I will probally sell it when I have my PC based system, which with software, USB GPS adaptor and 7 inch LCD has cost only about 300 pounds. This gives me all of Uk and europe, It will also be my TV, DVD player and hopefully for internet access.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.