Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Acer PDA with GPS and software for £224 from Ebuyer.

I have a laptop which I use with Autoroute 2005 but was looking for something with voice as well.

This should fit the bill at a good price, all the reviews are good.
I'll give it a try and post my thoughts on it.

Cheers

Trevor

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Milo is over £100 more expensive and the reviews on the Acer gave it a big thumbs up.

Also it's been tested with a 1GB SD card and it can be used with Tom Tom as well as the Designator s/w (very similar to Tom Tom and I belieive it uses the same maps so the routes should be the same).

When it arrives I will be testing it with the supplied s/w as well as Tom Tom 3 and will see what the difference is if any.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi,
I do not have personal knowledge of either of these systems (but do of Garmin) but maybe I can give you a couple of things to watch out for.

Do you intend to use it in Europe as well as UK? If so, ensure that the mapping includes more than 'main roads'.

Watch out for the cost of mapping to get what you need and when updating.

Size of memory will control how much mapping you can get on at a time.

If you wish to do 'routes' which cross country boundaries ensure that it will do it.

Cheapest is not always best in the long run. I have no axe to grind in this but I have friends who ended up disappointed by going the cheap route.

BillD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.