Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome John and Dot; how did you ever survive with the first mh without this site :D

Can't help re. Skeggy, been there but never been to site. Great fish and chips as far as I recall.

Good luck with the new-to-you van.

Happy travels

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
hi an welcome! If its the same site we went to it should be in the site directory cos i put it there, :roll: well i think i did, if it is the same one, its brill! clean tidy and close to the sea! swimming pool (not open when we went) tiolets brill, have family rooms, and a bath(?) room. books in reception. very popular site, so book quick,
enjoy raine

·
Registered
144 Posts
hi
we where there a couple of weeks ago, very clean toilets/showers ,close to sea,cafe and a shop on the sea front ,chippy across the road ,bus stop 5 miniuete walk and 2 pups the same distance

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
tsd said:
Hi everyone,john&dot just bought 2nd camper peugeot talbot express,1st outing skegness sands, any info about this site much appreciated
Hi John & Dot (tsd),

Welcome to MHF. You'll find lot's of info on here, and lot's of helpful folks to point you in the right direction.

Re Skegness Sands, it is managed under the CC, and is located next to the Derbyshire Miners Home. It is as Freelanderuk described, and we have used it several times, when visiting Skeggy to see a show at the Embassy Theatre.
There is a very good bus service which runs past the top of the road, and as the season goes on, the buses are more regular. The downside for us, is that some shows finish after the last bus has gone. :(
Our neighbours (also MH'ers), tell us that you can cycle along the sea wall to Mabelthorpe. I know that you can't cycle along the other way to Skegness, as the Golf Course has blocked off any access. :(

A little bit closer, (but not a lot), is South View, with more facilities on site, however, we only use this if we can't get into Skegness Sands.

HTH,

Jock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.