Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D HI! EVERBODY - GOOD TO BE BACK :D (I know I'm shouting - but what the heck)

·
Premium Member
13,788 Posts
Well, on the - hopefully wrong - assumption that we're starting from scratch as data recovery was unsuccessful (early days yet), this is us:

Dave & Alison Burleigh
(not the Dave Burley who as we speak is in wet-towel-wrapped-round-head mode, gulping down coffee and peering through slitty eyes at a blurry screen ....)
Basingstoke
Murvi Morello
Both aged 49

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Good idea Dave,
I am Helen, am 54, and live near the Wrekin in Shropshire, I am one half of the duo who travel as often as we can in a Swift Sundance LP, the other half being my Irish Setter Jess.
We both like to walk on the tops and moors, Jess loves bogs and mud I am not so keen.
I have just learnt to sail, and that together with riding, reading, gardening, and listening to either folk or classical music takes up what spare time I have from my job on a large mixed farm, where I rear the calves, milk one of the dairy herds and run the Farm Office.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi Everyone

The shakes and sweats are now subsiding, I was desperate for a fix!

Peter and Irene here, again. New to motorhoming having bought an Autocruise Starspirit in January, first van. Spent the first week trying to get the fridge to work on 240 volts, then found cut off switch in wardrobe, doh! Hasten to add that this was my fault, it was mentioned at the handover.

Have had about six trips out to date and loving every minute. Going to our first Autocruisers rally at end of May, don't quite know what to expect but willing to try anything once. ( Have one son called James).

Great to be back.

Peter and Irene

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ben Tristem & Lizzie Bury
28 & 26 respectively
full-timing currently in Wales with 1 x not-a-cocker spaniel Farley
Eura Mobil 690hb (for sale - ad lost with site!!)

Sorry - that's the best I can do at the mo - Ben is demanding chicken!!
(good to be back :D )

·
Premium Member
8,673 Posts
Hi All

Finally made back here :lol: Jacquie & John we have a Swift Gazelle F61 2000 model but private plate P88 POT( Pee pot) :lol: We live in Warwickshire have 2 Yorkies that are getting on now like us :cry: . Two kids 24 & 21 that we can't get rid of, any offers will be appreciated :D We have both retired early and use the P.Pot every month only have to keep bobbing back home every so often to sort kids out and catch up with MHF.

MOTORHOME FACTS MIDLANDS RALLY 20TH -22ND MAY 2005 SEE DETAILS ON TEMPOARY PAGE. IF INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME THANKS

·
Registered
277 Posts
Back too and happy to see MHF back online.

Jana and Milemuncher (Simon) have a new Autosleeper Duetto still to be named having traded Eddy in on Thursday :( at Cotswold Motorcaravans who have been great to deal with.

Our new Duetto is Steel Blue if you see us out and about give us a wave.

Looking forward to lots of more posts to read.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
:lol: Nice to be here - I was Gitanarosa but had to log in as Gypsy Rose which after all means the same! Great to see many of you here but I worry about anyone who may have got lost? Ana xx

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
OK, Well we are The Weavers, Duncan and Carol - he hates computers and prefers model trains, I like computers and motorhomes.

We live in North Devon, we are retired, 62 (he is today) and 58. Two daughters long fled the home with their own families.

I had originally helped Dave with the motorhome database when he started the site end of September 2003 - but that is lost, but not all, as I did a lot in Spain in a spreadsheet, so that bit is still safe with me.... It will take time to rebuild that again, on top of everything else.

Hymer Starline 640 2001

Also starting the new BRITISH PASSION idea, you will be able to register at www.britishpassion.com when Dave finds time to add the bit for that again, as this was yet another site that went down.

·
Registered
222 Posts
hello, great to be back!

We are Lyn and Malcolm (steamaero),50 & 53, been motoring since 1972, first in a homebuilt conversion.

He likes trains, (71/4inch scale), computers, books, kites, radio control (latest is kite with digital camera) and of course motorhoming!!

I like cross stitch, computers, books, puzzles, travelling,motorhomes.

Have one son, who has his own family of three.

Currently have Swift Lifestyle 600s, looking to upgrade to the rear lounge model.

Welcome back everyone!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm Helen (H) 48 today :roll: Ern is 65 (I didn't tell you that). Have been motorcaravaning for the past four years, we have a tiny van at the moment, a CI Itaca, but it's taught us to be economical with what we take and how many uses we can find for each item :lol: It's our only vehicle and we have to keep it on the main road outside our house so couldn't have anything that would compete too heavily with the passing buses for space 8O

We have four children between us - all grown up (or at least, most of the time :wink: )

I enjoy computers, photography, cycling (gently!) and walking, plus of course motorhoming. Ern likes cycling, walking and travelling - definitely not a computer fan.

Our preferred method of travel is to just set off in a particular direction and see where we end up - that could change with my latest toy a GPS nav :) Hope not really. But it will be useful for finding our way home again :lol: We like to keep moving and rarely spend more than one night in a particular place.

great to be back!
-H

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quite Rigt! I should have posted more info - so here goes:-

I'm Rob (61yrs), a retired Marine Engineer.
Beryl (my significant other) is a retired Community Nurse, and last but by no means least is Dylan Dawg (14 yrs), my "Mixed Pedigree" best friend.

We have an Autosleeper "Nuevo", which is now almost 3 years old, and must have been one of the first built (with all the problems we had, I reckon it was the prototype!!).

My main interests are Dylan Dawg, who takes up a good proportion of my time; the Motorhome (which always needs bits sorting or improving), and My Computer (also an extreme timewaster).

My favourite areas are the hills of Wales, where I enjoy going for a Tramp,
generally with Dylan although his age is starting to tell on him now, and cosequently we haven't been out much this year (and I've gotten out of condition!).

We haven't taken the 'van to Europe yet, although we hope to drive to the Costa Blanca later on this year (Oct.or Nov.).

Oops!!! Almost forgot - :D Happy Birthday Helen :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Percy Vearance is the name perseverance is my game. I used to be a spider in a Scotish cave in an earlier life.

Sid Entry realy could not log in with this name so I will use this.

I am Paul and my co-pilot is Diana. We have a Murvi Mallard. This is our first MH. I have been a tugger and tenter in since 1946. Struth is it that long ago!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.