Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone styed at Silver Birches Caravan Park near the humber bridge, if so how did you find the site and was it a pleasent stay? as we are booked in for this coming weekend visiting the inlaws!!

Thanks ALan and Jean

·
Registered
105 Posts
My old home town and yes I have stopped there. All OK there, nothing too fancy, bit of road noise from the road up to the bridge, but nothing excessive. Plenty to look at around - river, big bridge, nature walks, shops just up the road and easy access.
Say hello to my old teachers and my brother.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi, I stayed at Silver Birches quite some number of years ago but it always looks a clean well kempt site as it was then.

On my last visit to the area, (unfortunately my Mum and Dad have since passed away and were local residents of Barton), I stayed at another site just around the corner. It was quieter but that was the only advantage.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Hiya I know I am too late as you will be there now :wink: but I hope you have a pleasant weekend, just to add one advantage of this site is it is open in the winter too. We had a stopover there last winter and the Humber Bridge lit up at night was lovely to see from the MH.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi to anyone that may be interested in this stie. We are now back, and I must say it was a great site, very basic with 10amp ehu, very clean and tidy, toilet block and showers a litle dated but nethertheless very clean. What spoils it slightlyh is that as you arrive they have a number of caravans parked up (perm stay) which you could be forgiven for thinking it was a travellers site, but as soon as you go through the second gates you realise that this is not the case. Thougougly enjoyed our stay, also a tesco store in walking distance, and a bike shop.

Regards

Alan and Jean :D

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
AlanandJean said:
Hi to anyone that may be interested in this stie. We are now back, and I must say it was a great site,
Hi AlanandJean

Glad to hear you had a good stay ......

If you have a quiet moment ...How about adding it into our campsite database?

Campsite Entry <<<

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.