Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have entered on the forum about my trapped Ulmar nerve but I went to the doctors today as, although I have an appointment with the Neurologist on Monday (that was at short notice as well) I haven't been able to breath properly when I go walking the dog this week and the walks were getting shorter and shorter until within a quarter of a mile Im in trouble
He has got me an appointment for an Xray tomorrow and blood test which he phoned to me as I got back in doors.
There is a thickening at the top of my right lung and my left lung is not working as it should and has mentioned it could be what we all dread to hear. (I cant even say the word)
I have then to have a CT Scan and loads of tests.
The fact that he managed to get this so soon is a frightening and terrifying experience, and it has knock Ray and myself sideways.
Im putting this on here tonight just to say I have always said that when you really need the National health in an emergency it is the best.
The hardest thing tonight was telling my son and his girlfriend.
They are in tears and it makes you realise just how precious family and life are.
I will tell you how I get on and hope it has all been a false alarm and it is just all nerve damage as after this scare I can put up with the op to unhook the nerve and get the use of my hand and lungs back.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Hi Mavis,

So sorry to hear this terrible news, I sincerely hope that everything works out for you. I received a similar phone call from my Dad about 8 years ago now and it is the worst news you can ever hear about a parent. In his case it turned out to be Emphyseme (sp?). He is still with us and driving us all mad, but the period of worry is not nice at all.

We are thinking of you.

Ian n Suzy.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
after an awful day on A/E today - 20 yr old fatal victim of motor bike crash - I have just read your post and want to tell you that I hope everything works out for you - the waiting must be awful- I hope you are OK -more people are than not good luck xx

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Mavis, I'm really sorry to hear this. It must be really scary for you. I do hope when you get a full diagnosis it is not as bad as you fear. You are right to talk to your family and the people that you want to know. That's how you'll get the support you need.

Best wishes

Chris

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks your a great bunch.
Im usually the one doing all the talking arent I but Im gob smacked.
Im very worried but I just cant believe this is happening.
I went through all this with Kidney failure and thats when i stopped smoking about 25years ago.
I have been so healthy always walking the dog, keep fit, swimming and the gym.
As I sit here my breathing is normal but when I get up and walk about it is hardwork.
Anyway I have to get to bed as we are off at 8.30 to Kent and Canterbury
so I will tell you my friends all about what goes on when I get home.
I have to get back on my feet to imput on the Members Bar to keep the Mods on tenterhooks :lol: :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hi Mavis, I have just read this. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ring me. I live only 5 minutes away from the K & C. Perhaps I can help with parking, as at times as I expect you know, it can be awful. My friends sometimes leave their cars at my house and I run them into the hospital in mine then collect them when they are ready.

I will be out and about in Canterbury tomorrow (Tuesday) as I have to get some food in having been away 4 times in the last month, the larder is practically bare and my cousin arrived from Devon this evening for a hastily planned visit.

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Invicta said:
Hi Mavis, I have just read this. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ring me. I live only 5 minutes away from the K & C. Perhaps I can help with parking, as at times as I expect you know, it can be awful. My friends sometimes leave their cars at my house and I run them into the hospital in mine then collect them when they are ready.

As I said, please don't hesitate to ring me-my mobile no is 07860 591887. I will be out and about in Canterbury tomorrow (Tuesday) as I have to get some food in having been away 4 times in the last month, the larder is practically bare and my cousin arrived from Devon this evening for a hastily planned visit.
Hi there you are very kind but a friend is running us in as he said Ray will be to stressed in the trafic at that time of day it gets grid locked doesnt it.
But I will bear this in mind later if Ray should ever need to Park and cant.
God you know who your true friends are at times like this. bless :)

·
Premium Member
13,788 Posts
Oh, Mavis, that is a shock for me, so heaven knows how you and Ray are coping.

Should it come to it, your positive outgoing disposition will be a real asset, so keep your chin up and keep talking to us.

Thinking of you both.

Dave

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
The best advice I can offer is: By all means worry about what is but don't worry too much about what might be.

(Its good for project management as well)

By all means plan but don't fight battles you don't have to.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
What a terrible shock Mavis, but stay positive. It may well not be what you think so don't worry unnecessarily. I know that's easier to say than do.

Good luck and I'll be thinking of you.

Viv

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
You asked the question, How do I cope?". I don't even know what to say at all let alone how to cope. I would just collapse in a blubbering heap if it were me and wonder why I was getting picked on.

But nowadays there are loads of things that can be done which only a few years ago could not so your futures bright although probably not Orange.

I just wish you the best of luck and if thoughts help to swing the odds then you have loads from MHF.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Mavis

The worse part is the waiting for the appointment (as I am only too aware having waited for months for results - MS in the end) - at least when you know what it really is, you will be able to deal with it positively. Best of luck - will be thinking of you........................

Sundial

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,666 Posts
I hope everything goes well at the doc's Mavis, Hopefully it's something like Asthma, or Bronchitis, which have similar symptoms, fingers and everything else crossed.

Kev :(

1 - 20 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.