Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Hello all,

329 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Voyagez
I’m new to Motorhome fact's, though not a novice Motorhome traveller, in coming posts I’ll be looking for some reliable information and hopefully reciprocate with some information of my own.

Ray
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Hi Ray and welcome

Whereabouts are you based?
Welcome to facts, maybe we can have a few about you, what motorhome, how many travel in it including pets if you have any, little things like that to help us get to know you, what kind of travel you enjoy etc.
Heres some reliable information. "Just go do it". Before it's too late.

Ray.
Reactions: 1
Welcome,
I notice you are flying the flag of Spain.. I have been to Spain many times and love the country, people and the weather, but any hints and tips about finding 'off the beaten track' places, the Real Spain, and away from tourist honey spots would be useful..

In return I could suggest some good places in Scotland that are not associated with the tourist race track that the north coast road has become.. otherwise known as the NC500

safe travels..
Hi Ray and welcome

Whereabouts are you based?
Hi there, thanks for the welcome, based in the midlands, but currently sitting in the Spanish sunshine…
Reactions: 1
Welcome to facts, maybe we can have a few about you, what motorhome, how many travel in it including pets if you have any, little things like that to help us get to know you, what kind of travel you enjoy etc.
Hi Jan, driving an Autosleeper Corinium bought from new..it’s been a good vehicle apart from some niggling build issues…nothing too serious though.
Just myself and the boss. …no pets, and no Kids…that’s not our scene :)..
We’ve been coming to Calpe for the last few years, now twice a year…getting around Brexit has proven o.k. For us but a little pricier…

later this year we’re heading to Morocco for 3 months, I’m looking forward to aging some much needed confidence from the experts on here..:)
Reactions: 3
Thank you for those facts Ray.

Looking to see where Calpe is I have just noticed how tiny Ibiza is, is it still a popular place for the Brits to go?
Never been to Spain, I hope I will for at least one trip before it´s too late.
Which site are you on in Calpe Ray?

We tried to get in there this winter just gone but both main sites were full.

What are your views on Calpe? I'd welcome some input as I will be booking next winter's trip soon. We normally leave early Jan and get back early March.
Welcome,
I notice you are flying the flag of Spain.. I have been to Spain many times and love the country, people and the weather, but any hints and tips about finding 'off the beaten track' places, the Real Spain, and away from tourist honey spots would be useful..

In return I could suggest some good places in Scotland that are not associated with the tourist race track that the north coast road has become.. otherwise
known as the NC500

safe travels..
i didn’t know that I was flying the flag, I guess it’s because I’m in Calpe, unfortunately I can’t assist with off the beaten track info….we love Calpe and tend to come here regularly..

Ray
Which site are you on in Calpe Ray?

We tried to get in there this winter just gone but both main sites were full.

What are your views on Calpe? I'd welcome some input as I will be booking next winter's trip soon. We normally leave early Jan and get back early March.
I’ve spoken to a lot of people over the last 5/6 years about Calpe and places further afield both North n South, I’m talking primarily about coastal sites..
The reality as I have found without exception is that people love Calpe..now that doesn’t mean that it’s the best place along the coast, it’s just that people do find it very good.
It’s a medium sized town 15K north of Benidorm..it’s taken a lot of years to develop and some now worry that it’s going to become another Benidorm, I don’t believe that will happen!

Benidorm has its place and it too is very popular, old and young find it has lots to offer..but it is different..and a little like marmite..love it or hate it.
There are several sites..very close to the front..circa 500 mtrs…unfortunately one of these sites comprised of 3 blocks of platz is closing down..this is to raise money for a contentious hotel being built at the far end of the salines…a large saltwater pool originally used to provide local salt, surrounded by a wildlife haven, one of the primary attractions of Calpe….along with its 300 mtr rock climbed every day by visitors and locals.

A harbour brings in local fish to serve the numerous restaurants and cafes…it’s also a shopping town to provide goods, services and jobs for the community, a great unspoilt old town and plenty of sunshine make it ideal for us.
All in walking distance if you’re fit and a cycle or car if not.

book early would be my advice, CalpeMar…Pariaso…and several other sites offer spaces for motorhomes but they are now beginning to push us out I think in favour of residential blocks and hotels which have plenty of rooms not being filled!!!!
See less See more
  • Helpful
Reactions: 3
1 - 10 of 10 Posts