Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
We are looking to buy a motorhome, and have some queeries. Having had enough of the rat race we are planning to take off for the continent, kind of indefinately. You know, rent the house and run, run, run! No seriously we are working musicians and planning to work as we travel. We have had trips of up to 3 weeks duration using a 1989 VW camper, and have become inspired to go for it. We are going to be spending long spells living on the road and so obviously need something larger than the VW, and are thinking along the lines of a 6 berth coachbuilt van. We are thinking of spending between £10,ooo - £15ooo. We want a LHD and have heard rave reviews regarding the build and and upkeep of German motorhomes. I have tried to search for motorhome sales in Germany but have as yet drawn a blank. Does anyone here know if it is financially worthwhile buying and importing this kind of vehicle, at this kind of value, from Germany? We live in the Midlands. Any useful pointers for locating motorhomes for sale in Germany?

Thanks all

Martin..........

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
hello martin, this is dreadful time of the morning don'tcha think :?
welcome to mhf
for a quick answer try either the search button above the main column, there have been several posts on this topic,
there is also an article available under downloads - which may be helpful.
good luck, when the rest of the world wakes up and logs in you should get some more help.
8)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Hello and welcome to the group

The choice of motorhome is a very personal thing, like buying a house, what suits one doesnt suit another. This applies even more when you are considering long terming/full timing.

The same basic rules apply though, Look, Look, then look again.

I think most vans now, irrespetive of where the originate from are of a similar standard. The choice of base vehicle is narrow so it comes down to personal preferences of interior design and fitment. A Boxer is a Boxer, a VW is a VW, although on the latter for long terming you may need the extra space provided by LT chassis rather than the T series.

I think as you do in that a van bought in Europe might be a better bet for your wallet

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Good morning Martin and welcome.

A Google search using motorhome+buying+abroad throws up quite a bit of information.
You may also find it worthwhile to check the website
www.motorhome-list.org.uk and under 'Buying abroad'

There's also a group linked to that site called Motorhome Living which is devoted to issues related to long term motorhome living.

HTH

Gillian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I have`nt the time right now to do the neccessary follow up searches, but I`ll get back online later this evening.
I`ll let you all know how we progress.
Catch you all later.

Martin..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.