Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone our names are David & Lynne Cooke and we live in Coalville in Leicestershire. David has just celebrated his 65th birthday but I've got a bit to go yet, being 57.

We bought a Swift Royale in November 2004 and are absolutely loving it. We went away for a couple of long weekends in November and have been away at least once a month since (apart from Jan/Feb). We are still getting used to Motorhoming, we're learning all the time - what's that about not being able to teach old dogs new tricks? As we are still learning, any tips anyone has would be gratefully appreciated. We're going to the New Forest next week, I'm learning to ride a bicycle, so we thought I would be pretty safe there - or perhaps other road users would be safe from me?

:roll:

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Hi Lynne and David and welcome to the community.

We are not far from you. We are in Loughborough.
We also had a Swift Royale before this van. It was the 590 with the rear kitchen.

Enjoy the New Forest.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Greetings ! You've come to the right place.

(If you get any tips as to how to ride a bike for more than 10 minutes without being totally exhausted please post your hints. I'm new to cycling too and am not loving it as much as the MHing !)

G

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your warm welcome

Thank you for your warm welcome everyone.

If I manage to stay on my bike for longer than 10 mins I will let you know Grizzly, though I have to own up that the bike is an electric one, otherwise I wouldn't be using it as I am like you - no stamina on a bike but I can walk for miles!

Greetings to Autostratus in Loughborough. Our Swift Royale is a 590 with rear lounge. A rear lounge was important to us as we both lounge in the evening and it just felt so right .

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Re: Thank you for your warm welcome

lynneandavid said:
Greetings to Autostratus in Loughborough. Our Swift Royale is a 590 with rear lounge. A rear lounge was important to us as we both lounge in the evening and it just felt so right .

You're right, a rear lounge makes it for us too which is the main reason why we upgraded to the present mh.
We had seriously considered a rear lounge model but at the length we wanted back then, it meant no seat belts for passengers who would have been sitting at the back of the van.

That old compromise situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.