Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live near Rothbury and presently use a Fleetwood Caravan and Mazda Bongo, a MH is on the horizon once the Turkish holiday home gets sold. (fingers & toes crossed)

I am a retired policeman, Carole my wife is a PE Teacher and Kai our daughter will be 5 in late October.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are getting a dog Aug/Sept so travelling to Turkey with the puppy would be a no -no.

So sell the little apartment in Turkey but keep the place in France, and if it
sells then we start to shop for a proper Motorhome. Sounds posh 2 places but the Cottage was bought 8 yrs ago for little money as it is in the Correze - the apartment was even less.

Where in France is your place ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome! My family enjoyed a visit to Rothbury a couple of years ago in a hired VW camper. The Parks Info Centre there was the friendliest and most helpful tourist advice centre, by far, that we found in a week spent in Northumberland. :)

Kevin

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are very lucky to live in such a lovely place with good walks and fishing on the doorstep.

I look forward to gathering loads of information before we part with any money, that's the Yorkshireman in me.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Higgy2

Welcome to MHF. Why do you want to buy a Motorhome when you already live in gods county and have no need to leave?

I grew up in Morpeth / Stannington / Tynemouth and really miss the area. We dont get to visit very often and then its never for long enough.

Managed 5 days over Christmas which was spent on the coast with friends and family visiting us in the van - excellent times.

Enjoy your van

Andy & Liz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.