Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have shut down my laptop as while I was on a music web site I kept getting messages to download players - then download another ....all of a sudden I got a voice repeating 3 times the same exclamation!! after this a window came up telling me I have Trojan Win 32, agent azsy, Windows PE EX, the box kept fading so I could not write it all down but the underlying box told me I had 45 threads in 161688 scanns. I was requested to open my antivirus scanner to deal with this but as these were the listed ones like Norton etc (I have Avg) this would not work unless I licensed myself and paid the the online price. The Internet will not open now because of this Trojan. Anyone experience this and can help pl eee ase, Never had this happen before, but believe its something to do with website 'Limewire' Should know better.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The only way to guarantee getting rid of the Trojan (And any other Virusses for that matter) is to save all your personal files to an external HD, or other external media and to wipe your sysyem and re-install your O/S and progs. Delete your Partition before the Format (Full NOT Quick) and this also has added benefits as it destroys the partition tables too.

This has worked for me every time and you'll spend as long doing this as you will searching for "Cures" and realising that they have not worked. It also gets rid of all the rubbish you've unwittingly collected since it's last wipe and returns your PC back to as fast as it was when it was new, it's a win-win cure!

Good luck

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
I think this maybe simply spam frightening you about a virus you have not got.

Boot up in Safe Mode, F8 normally and run AVG. If all clear then you need to find the weblink causing the problem which may be found downloading Hijackthis. (Google it or get it from Majorgeeks too)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.