Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just been doing all the checks getting ready for the off tomorrow and ive found a problem, when i start the motorhome there is a high pitched sound coming from under the front seat where the lesure battery is??? ive never heard this before what is it?? what do i need to do??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,797 Posts
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED

tommytli said:
ive never heard this before what is it?? what do i need to do??
Describe it in much more depth.
Bubbling, screaming, sizzling, popping, etc. etc.???

Ray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure if i have an inverter under the seat, under the seat there is a battery and the unit what charges it i presume? i can hear a fan now and then under there when its on ehu. and the beep is a constant high pitch beep, one thing i have noticed is the battery seems a bit low
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,797 Posts
tommytli said:
not sure if i have an inverter under the seat, under the seat there is a battery and the unit what charges it i presume? and the beep is a constant high pitch beep, one thing i have noticed is the battery seems a bit low
I don't know your particular set up but if the battery is low and the charger is trying to pour amps in fast, I guess this could cause transformer hum and fan noise.
I don't know what the 'beep' is but again could be a low volts warning.

Wait a while till the batteries come up and hopefully it will all smooth out.

Ray.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,797 Posts
Yes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
tommytli said:
should i hook up to the house to charge it up?
I think that you have the same set-up as me. I would try putting it on the mains hook-up.

How many light does your control panel show for the battery (without it being on the ehu)?

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cronkle said:
tommytli said:
should i hook up to the house to charge it up?
I think that you have the same set-up as me. I would try putting it on the mains hook-up.

How many light does your control panel show for the battery (without it being on the ehu)?

Mike
the lights on the control panel were flickering all over, this has never happened before. ive plugged it in to the house so lets see if that helps
oh and sorry if i broke any forum rules i was starting to flap as we set off tomorrow
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,705 Posts
tommytli said:
oh and sorry if i broke any forum rules i was starting to flap as we set off tomorrow
Hi tommytli

Not a problem from a moderating point of view, it's not a rule we enforce very often. The problem is that using none-specific titles for threads doesn't encourage members to read them - and if less members read them then you get less replies - common sense really. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks every 1 i think the crisis is over ive had it plugged in for a short while and the beep has stopped when the engine is running both off and on ehu, so the battery must of been flat, how i dont know its only been parked up about a month, i think i will have to keep an eye on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
You said: "thanks every 1 i think the crisis is over ive had it plugged in for a short while and the beep has stopped when the engine is running both off and on ehu, so the battery must of been flat, how i dont know its only been parked up about a month, i think i will have to keep an eye on it"

This has all the ear marks of an inverter! Now the battery is up, the inverter is happy BUT that means the inverter is switched on and will continue to take juice from the battery even if not being used.
There will be a switch to turn it off.
Also, it may well mean that one or more of your 240v sockets will be live even when you are not on EHU and could take you by surprise. Do try and find that switch 8O
Patrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the step it built in not electric, i think patrick has got it there is a switch/cap at the side of the seat that unclips and looking at the hand book it switches off the battery whilst not in use i will have to remember to un plug it :oops: cheers again
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
tommytli said:
the step it built in not electric, i think patrick has got it there is a switch/cap at the side of the seat that unclips and looking at the hand book it switches off the battery whilst not in use i will have to remember to un plug it :oops: cheers again
I'm not sure that I would turn it off at that switch. On my system I have notice that on two occasions the battery seemed to get quite low and the only thing that was odd in that situation was that I had turned off the lighting circuit at the control panel without turning off a light at its own switch. Now, with my limited knowledge of such things that doesn't make sense as a cause and effect but perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could offer an explanation and maybe that could also explain your battery being low.

Anyway, have a damn good holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry guys forgot to tell you all what the problem was, at the side we have a garage door where the bunks are and because the door wasnt closed properly while the engine was running it sounded an alarm from underneath the passenger seat where the battery is. thanks for all the help in my time of shear PANIC :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top