Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I will be taking delivery of a brand new MH next week - a CI Mizar which is on a 2.8 Fiat.

I would like advice on what to look out for before driving off.

!. Anything in particular to look out for in the model?
2. Anything in particular to look out for in the manufacturer - CI?
3. Anything in particular to look out for in the base vehicle?
4. What are the important things to be wary off and check with any MH?
5. What should I generaly be checking?

Would greatly appreciate your cumulative wisdom and any experiences you have had in similar circumstances.

Best wishes

Alan

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi AlanMo

Took delivery of ours last month, noted everything everybody had posted in forums, but did not ask any questions at all. Up to now we have no problems except that when we turned up for the midlands rally, the gas went. We had no spanner to fit it and any I have at home will not fit it either so will have to buy one. Hope everythings turns out alright for you

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - Your reply prompted me to look around and I found a very comprehensive list in 'Downloads' and more still in 'Top Tips'

All really usefull and thanks to the authors.

Alan

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Hi alan,

Make sure they give you a good handover. Check everything works. check every thing inside out and make a lits of anything that may not have been fitted properly/missing/damaged etc make sure things are rectified before you leave dealers. You will need gas, electric cable, don't always supply it and off course spanner for gas :wink: If able stay overnight to check everythings works ok. Try the elec and gas. Make sure fridge works ok on both. Check windscreen wipers! Mine fell off when I went to put silver screen on! Just as well I stayed overnight.
Happy Motorhoming

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.