Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having now found out all of the things we did not know when we started motorhoming, we have decided to change Vans for one that will suit our needs. My question is are we being offered a reasonable trade in on our 2007 57 plate Autoroller 700, 2.4TD...£23k??...I have been trying to scour the internet to find out what trade is, private, etc, but finding it difficult.....if by selling it privately we may only get another £1k or so, I guess we are taking the hassle out with a trade in and not risking having 2 vans on the drive.....any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as allows from the great members of MHF....Thanks...Ross and Jayne

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
rgt said:
Having now found out all of the things we did not know when we started motorhoming, we have decided to change Vans for one that will suit our needs. My question is are we being offered a reasonable trade in on our 2007 57 plate Autoroller 700, 2.4TD...£23k??...I have been trying to scour the internet to find out what trade is, private, etc, but finding it difficult.....if by selling it privately we may only get another £1k or so, I guess we are taking the hassle out with a trade in and not risking having 2 vans on the drive.....any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as allows from the great members of MHF....Thanks...Ross and Jayne
Hi,

Pity your not nearer us, we would give you a better deal than that, what are you thinking of ordering?

Peter

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Hello,

I wish id have seen this a few months ago before we bought our current van, I would have snatched your hands off as we were looking for a used 700 and couldn't find one.

hmmmm, wonder can I talk her into another one already...................

(just down the road from us as well)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair advice Imbiber...my problem is trying to ascertain the 700's worth, as I have nothing to benchmark it against. and have no access to trade advice....I fully understand that a dealer will want to make £3-4k mark up on a van that may sit on their forecourt for a few weeks, and you would not get that for a private sale....but if it is hard to find another example to bench against does that mean it will sell quite easily??...Thanks for taking the time to reply...it is appreciated

·
Registered
294 Posts
we bought ours new last august on an 08 plate and paid around 36k i think now they are 32k, depends on miles condition but i would put it on flea bay with a pretty high reserve then if thats not met you could offer it to the highest bidder if you are happy with the price

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is that the caravan club site?....we were there the first weekend they opened this season....you would remember if it was us...our 4 year old makes sure he introduces himself to everyone....Hellooooooo

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
lol, im sure it was yourselves as that was the opening weekend of the site. If so you was on the first pitch near the reception and close to the kids playground.

We were in the next row about 3 pitches back from the reception.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was us..I always try and get close to the playground so himself can play and we can keep an eye on him....we had a good laugh in Blackpool, did the tower and the arcades, shame that the site is not within walking distance....Brighton, Minehead and Southport CCC sites are fantastic....so close to walk into the town, but still in a nice quiet out of the way place.

Do you stay on the Caravan Club sites much?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I was in your position I would sell the Van private and haggle a better cash price for the new one. The dealer has given you a £23k starting point so at least you have something to fall back on if a private sale does not go through.
You may be able to get yourself a better price and also give someone a decent bargain.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Hello,

I did'nt even know it was a CC site in all honesty, we just go with the flow.

We had a good laugh there though, we watched the group in the club on the Saturday night they was very good (and the beer wasn't too bad either).

I kept looking out for the owner of that 700 so I could pick their brains on the van (pester em, lol), it really was the model we wanted. You had a lucky escape :)

(PM Sent)

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Hello,

We went and took a look at this Van the other day and have to comment on how hospitable Ross and his good lady were to myself and Suzy. Very much appreciated.

I can't tell you how much we are both looking forward to getting our hands on our new van - "Roly", :D .

THANKS AGAIN.

Ian & Suzy

p.s Anyone want to buy my 2003 Swift 630G ?- I have spent a fortune getting her ready for our trip to Europe in the summer holidays (Engine Chip Upgrade (improved power and economy), Heo-safe Locks, Alarm / Immobiliser, Engine Service, Cambelt Replaced, New 4m Flamma Awning, Fiamma Privacy Room, Bike Rack, Reversing Camera, Satellite System, Electronic Safe, Mp3 Sound System, the list is endless.)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
OOOIIIIII!!!!!!

Just wait a minute,, our van has been called "Roly" ever since the day we bought it, you better not call your Tom Tom "Jenny" or there will be double trouble :)

Well done you 2, bet you have a great time with it, you will find lots more room for all that "can't be without" stuff.

Take care
Mandy

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Hello,

I can't be blamed for the name - I think that was down to Ross' Little Lad and I promised him the other day we would keep the name.

As for Jenny, we could'nt possibly name the Sat Nav "Jenny", that would be far to confusing for "Jenny" our Kipor Generator. :?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.