Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I have the above double din radio. Can connect my phone audio functions through it and all the steering wheel controls work with the telephone functions all are fine via bluetooth, as is the music player.

There's a sticker on the unit that says Smartphone Navigation, I'd like to mirror my phone and use the radio screen for navigation but I follow the instructions and can't make that happen. I've watched a few YouTube videos and I'm pretty sure that the unit isn't seeing my phone when it's plugged in to the usb socket on the dash. I have no way of knowing if that socket is intended as the connection to the radio. Can anyone enlighten me on that.

The instructions say that a particular Pioneer cable is needed and one of the videos I saw said that it needed an additional cable to make it compatible with the AV inputs on the back of the unit.

Can anyone shed any light.

I will take it out and have a look tomorrow but I'd like to know more before I do..

Thank you.
Guessing here, but is the phone still connected to the media unit via Bluetooth and therefore "refusing" to connect via the cable?
Try turning Bluetooth off on the mobile and connecting with cable.
Could be a heap of drivel, right enough!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Is the original usb cable connection power only and not power and data?

I think you may find the jack socket will be audio only.
Stereo (left & right), possibly microphone in (if 4 pin) and common ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts