Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,
We have a Rollerteam Zefiro 2021 and have been exploring NZ for the last year when work allows us. We are based just north of Auckland on the beautiful Hibiscus coast, any recommendations for great spots for a weekend away within 2 hours or so would be much appreciated.

· Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Hi and welcome

I'm not sure how many active NZ based members we have tbh. I have visited NZ twice as a very good mate of mine lives there and I was best man at his wedding in Auckland some 20+ years ago. On the second time we visited we hired a MH and toured the South Island for a week.

You are in a beautiful country and with the friendliest people I have ever come across...and with a love of rugby: what's not to like :)

I'm not sure I'll get back to NZ but I still have my memories.

Reactions: erneboy

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,311 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Pete and Andrea. As mentioned, we're probably not much use to you, being mostly in UK and nearby. But a MH is a MH wherever so if we can be of any help in that department, stick around!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum Pete and Andrea. As mentioned, we're probably not much use to you, being mostly in UK and nearby. But a MH is a MH wherever so if we can be of any help in that department, stick around!
We are coming over to the UK September next year and plan to hire a Motorhome in France to travel around and watch the Rugby World Cup, any recommendations for rental companies or private rentals and tips on travel would be greatly appreciated

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,311 Posts
That sounds exciting! We have a few members domiciled in France so they might be able to give you some pointers. Do you know yet where the venues are? France is a huge country and you could be exhausted traversing it to follow the games! It's also a beautiful country that really needs time to appreciate and savour.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds exciting! We have a few members domiciled in France so they might be able to give you some pointers. Do you know yet where the venues are? France is a huge country and you could be exhausted traversing it to follow the games! It's also a beautiful country that really needs time to appreciate and savour.
We are watching games in Marseille and Toulouse and have around 3 weeks in France, I lived in the UK until 2006 and did plenty of trips around France driving but this time we are in motorhome so looking for any helpful advise.

· Premium Member
11,832 Posts
My advice would be to hire one soon and also suss out and book campsites near to where you want to watch matches soon as I reckon it'll be jumping. My son keeps trying to persuade me to take him and his mate in our MH but myself and the wife will be elsewhere unfortunately, when the WC is on.

We haven't stayed in Marseilles but there is a good, secure campsite in Toulouse that we stayed at, which is near to a bus stop into town...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts