Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone.
I'm new to the group and hope to make some friends along the way. Two weeks ago we brought a Talbot express (Olde worlde 1987).Coming home just on the approach to the QE2 Bridge i lost second gear!!! I managed to get home .RESULT!!! .
Im having problems finding a suitable donor gear box.I have two good mates who both work in the motor trade ,1 said the 309 pug engine and box goes in, the other reckons the little 1600 traffic goes in..? Big case of confused.com!!!
:roll: Ive tried Delfins' but they don't pick up the phone and I'm told they are expensive .Had one breaker just say no and put the phone down.So, yup not much luck.
I would like a diesel lump as we want to get away as much as poss but .GUESS WHAT? -NO ONE KNOWS.!!!!LOL. :D Can ANYONE help me PLEASE? :cry: thanks.
Shaleboy. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to MHF, I know less than nothing about diesel engines except that the pump for diesel is not the same as the one for petrol. It's quiet here tonight so mabybe somebody will be along with some ideas. If not tonight bump up your post again tomorrow,
People are very helpful on here and there are people that know loooaaaddds of stuff. I just know girlie fluffy stuff like the difference between dark and milk chocolate.

Have fun
Ca

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.