Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I am planning on buying an American RV for full time living and know very little about them.

Have been scooting about and reading what I can online and came across this site, hoping I will get a better idea what to look for here.

So far I know I need to go for the cheaper end of used vehicles and one with a fixed bed because I have health problems and won't be able to make a bed up everyday. Money is tight so I'm trying to get an idea which models are more reliable, if it's worth spending a bit more to get a diesel or LPG for any saving made on running costs and anything else I need to consider with it being for full time living with tanks, generators, leisure batteries and solar panels etc.

Going to be very busy reading these forums. :lol:

Helen.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Hello Helen, Welcome to MHF.

You'll find it even easier to find stuff if you become a full member by paying the measly £10 subscription.

It's simply astonishing how many kind people are happy to share their knowledge, and once joined, the searchable archives are incredibly comprehensive.

Kind regards

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi total Newbie

Welcome to MHF
Ditto to the above posting....Its the best £10 I ever spent & there is a wealth of knowledge on here 8)
PS
I don't know the in's & out's of American RV's but first & foremost do check its road legal for width (mainly) as I believe some are not 8O
Kind regards Catherine

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No nothing about RV's except that they are BIG, don't even own a motorhome at present but still enjoy being part of this community.
Welcome and enjoy the reading,
Regards,
Norman

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi total Newbie

helbie said:
Thanks guys, I've taken the plunge and sorted a subscription.

Helen.
Hi Helen.
So glad you joined :D
For any questions you have it is always worth a quick search of previous 'discussion's' as many popular topics have been covered, however if you can't find what you want or for more specific questions feel free to post & be prepared to spend many hours at your computer :oops:
Best wishes & welcome again :D
Regards Catherine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.