Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..

My name is Paul and I am 47 and live in Southampton, I own a 1996 Ford Autosleeper GL Legend which I have had now for 9 years, being disabled I find the van gives me a lot more freedom than I would get if I had a car, at present I am spending some money on it to get it tidied up and to help make my life a little easier.
As with most ford transit's they tend to rust badly in the front wheel arches, so I have just had both wheel arches and front wings replaced and re-sprayed recently, inside I hope to replace the blinds and flyscreens and replace the carpeting and fit carpet in the drivers cab, so if anyone has any good suggestions of where to obtain materials for this vehicle I would greatly appreciate any info you can supply.
Well thats about all I can think to say right now so I look forward to hearing from anyone with any suggestions or advice.

Paul.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi Newbie

Hi Paul.
Welcome to MHF :D
I don't know where to find the things you ask about, but you have come to the right place 8)
Just thought I would welcome you & if you don't find the answers forthcoming there is a search facility for subscribers & the answer to just about anything is in there somewhere. :?
Regards Catherine

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes, I will have to find more time to explore this web forum and see what information I can find, any help on my vehicle would be appreciated, I still have a lot of work to do but as I am disabled it takes me 3 times longer than anyone able bodied, but I can't wait to see the difference once all my work is done :)

Paul.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lgbzone said:
Hi Paul

If you have just had new wheel arches it would be well worth coating them with waxoil underneath, amazing stuff, they won't rot again.

Lee
Hi Lee

Can't say I have heard of that before, wouldn't even know where to ask to be honest, and it's not a job I would be able to do myself, but thanks for the heads up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.