Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was bought so that my disabled wife and I could get together with family and have breaks away. A diabetic for over 50 years she eventually developed kidney failure and was on night time dialysis for over two years which brought the motorhome into its own. Unfortunately last summer she developed an infection in one of her toes which spread to both legs. Faced with amputation of both legs with no reduction in pain she chose to continue as she was for as long as she could. It wasn't for very long and she died last October. I've been trying to get the hymer ( which she mamed "La Vie est Belle") going off and on all summer. She had been laid up for a long time because of corona virus and her many months of suffering and being in hospital. Now fuel isn't coming up from the tank. It's a problem in the tank as the fuel isn't reaching the engine compartment. I need help. Any advice infor about that part of the fuel system? Is there a pump in the tank or a filter I can get access to? It's a Fiat Ducato 2.5 turbo diesel first registered in Germany in1996.

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Hi James and welcome

Firstly I am sorry to hear about your woes. Please accept my condolences on your loss.

I see from your avatar flag that you are in Japan? That must be exciting. Do you do any motorhoming over there?

Lastly, I cant hep with your problem but some on here may be able to. Failing that perhaps try the Fiat Forum
( The FIAT Forum ) as they are very helpful on these matters over there.

·
Premium Member
4,834 Posts
"I see from your avatar flag that you are in Japan? That must be exciting. Do you do any motorhoming over there"?

I see from your Avatar Graham that you are in Ukraine, have you moved from Wales?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Sorry to here the sad loss of your wife.

Re the fuel. Have you checked the fuel cut off switch hasn't been tripped.
Most vehicles have a switch that is trigger in an a better ident and cuts the power feed to the fuel pump.
It looks something like this.

To reset you press the button o the the top.

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
"I see from your avatar flag that you are in Japan? That must be exciting. Do you do any motorhoming over there"?

I see from your Avatar Graham that you are in Ukraine, have you moved from Wales?
Yes comrade Drewski I have :D

MHing is a bit rough here at the mo but we are making the best of it :)

Reactions: Webby1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts