Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, another newbie here. I'm normally skulking around on various Volvo forums. However swmbo has designs on a motor-home of some sort.

I like older vehicles, something I can tinker with. My Volvo's are not really classics, one is 89 vintage & the other 96. Recently sold a 91' model to a french 'volvo-nut' who is going to restore it :D

So why do I need a M/H? Well not for the obvious reason. My (our) need is for somewhere to kip & feed whilst attending dog agility competions. The French way for these comps' is to have registration around 0700hrs & prize giving can go no till 2030-2100hrs. So add say, 3hrs each way to some - that's quite a long day.

A M/H would allow us to arrive the day before, relax & return the day after. Much more agreeable methinks.

As the M/H will be to all intents a mobile doggy-home :lol: I'm not going for high spec & certainly not high money.

I've seen a Frankia Mitsubishi L300 2,5 diesel 87 131437km on Frenchy Fleabay. (I said I like older vehicles)

Would be very interested if anyone has any knowledge of these beasties, or any comments to help me.
I guess being a Mitsubishi it's gonna be reliable....................
As for the living area, I caravaned for 10 or so years with a Fleetwood Garland 5berth & a Swift Challenger 480 Lux 5berth, also my in-laws have had Motorola (ugh), a Swift & have recently bought a brand spanking M/H (model escapes me) so I'm not diving in too deeply
:lol:
Anyway enough of me rambling........... looking forward to replies.....
Cheers.

·
Registered
18,303 Posts
Hi Paul welcome to mh facts.
You will not get much response ar this time of day. Some are at work some on hols and some who will be out in the sun.
This will put you back to the top.

Keep looking and i supose your next question will be about insurance.
Do a search this subject crops up regularly

dave P

G

·
Hi Paul. and welcome. The "Dog agility" brigade often use a field near us and many of them had MH's some even have cages(?) built in for Rover to ride in.

Have a look round at your next competition.

Tco

G

·
Hi Paul. and welcome. The "Dog agility" brigade often use a field near us and many of them had MH's some even have cages(?) built in for Rover to ride in.

Have a look round at your next competition.

Tco

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Hi Paul , my daughters, in-laws had a MH for dogs shows. I had an old Mercedes Autotrail last year 1992 which was low miliage in pretty good condition. bought it privately £8600. This was excellent and gave us the MH bug. I did all sorts on that DIY fashion.
Have a good look round & if using ebay you MUST view before you bid.
Watch out for spongy floors and stains around any joints in floor and ceiling. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. Yeh I've already had a nosey around at various comepetions we've been too. Some interesting 'make overs'!

As for viewing, the one I've seen on ebay is 7 hrs drive away.................. so a tad difficult on that score unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.