Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOH!!!!!!!! Must remember to use spellchecker………..(Simpsons not Simsons). :oops:
Anybody out there can tell me how I can alter my nickname; I have tried in my account but to no avail.

Well that’s over now the introduction, we are complete novices to motor homes and found this site back in November last year and with a lot of research decided to buy a 1996 Swift Kon-Tiki 640 from Martins Of Exeter.

Our impressions so far having only used it for day trips to the local beach are that we made the right choice.

We will no doubt need to call on the help of the more experienced among you so thanks in advance.

We are regular travellers to Cornwall (love the beach’s and the countryside) so that will be our first trip in the spring.
Excellent site for info, and you seem a very friendly bunch.

MotorHomerSimpson.

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Hello MHS. Pleased to meet you.

We always had a yen for a Kon-Tiki but never managed it.
Our first mh was a Swift though we've now gone Elddis.

Hope you enjoy your travels as much as we do.

Gillian

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
You are doing the right thing giving the van day trips.
They dont get as much use during the winter months and its important to keep the vehicle bit in use ie, battery charged to compensate for alarm drainage etc which the "days out do"

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Gillian, pleased to meet you also.
Had been considering buying a motor home for several years and always liked the Kon-Tiki, as I said in my intro it has not disappointed. :D

Hi dodger 148 thanks.
I have been giving the motor home at least a 50-mile trip, so it should keep the oily bits okay, and the battery. Day trips also gives us a chance to familiarise ourselves with some of the equipment. :?

MHS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.