Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to remove the inside two step (plastic ) step on the above vehicle please. I need to remove it to replace the waste water valve that is leaking - thank you

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
Hello Tom and Winnie and welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your question I'm afraid but I'm just giving your post a bump, see if anyone else picks it up.

I take it you can't access from underneath?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Tom and Winnie and welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your question I'm afraid but I'm just giving your post a bump, see if anyone else picks it up.

I take it you can't access from underneath?
Hi Thank you , its possible I think but before I begin , I thought i would ask the question. Thanks for the bump

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
I can't help as my 2000 Hobby 750 was LHD and the waste water tap was under the bedroom on the kerb or starboard side and easily acessable.

Ray.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well today 7 hours trying to remove the fibre glass step to acces the valve which I believe was leaking a little from the waste tank. The floor had been wet so it was not just the outlet pipe . I had to remove the door, the trim and part of the aluminium door frame, then I said stop, the whole door frame would need to taken out as the step is fastened into it. So I had to cut a larger access area in the side of the step which I will fashion to look better with piping on the sharp,edges. It was a nightmare, The waste tank is over quarter full now and I shall see if there is any leak or damp areas inside near the valve. I suppose someone will come now and " Dont need to do that , what you do is" lol

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
Sounds a big job Tom. I hope you fixed the leak while you were in there - you didn't actually say!

Maybe you'd put up a few photos showing the pipework and the access to it?

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Hi Tom and welcome

Good luck with the work: it sounds pretty major.

Your avatar shows with a French flag. We have some members based there. Can I ask: whereabouts in France are you based?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tom and welcome

Good luck with the work: it sounds pretty major.

Your avatar shows with a French flag. We have some members based there. Can I ask: whereabouts in France are you based?
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire
Hood Automotive tire Tire Bumper Fender

Looks like leakedfixed.
Sainte Soline, Deaux Severes, 79120
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire
Hood Automotive tire Tire Bumper Fender

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Hi tom i would check every hose clip that you can find also remove the inspection access panels and check the tank inspection caps are water tight
Barry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi tom i would check every hose clip that you can find also remove the inspection access panels and check the tank inspection caps are water tight
Barry
Merci, seems good at the mo tho
Barry
Thanks seems OK for now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts