Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't search because I thought it unlikely.

My manky old blinds need to go. I would like to fit conventional window blinds like in many homes and offices but wonder if they would be a bad idea due to them not sitting in runners. When driving I could leave them in the up position I suppose so they would not swing and clank about.

Has anyone ever fit these type of normal blinds? Any comments will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Shane.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Blinds

teemyob said:
Hello,

Some US RV's have venetian blinds. Some larger blinds are in runners mind

Trev
Hi Trev,

Crikey, I never though of that. Thankyou. That is good news. I'll look at RVs and see how they are fitted.

Shane.....

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
My autrotrail has a blind to section off the Kitchen
No problem at all.
I pull it up when we travel
In fact you have put the idea in my head now it would look good at the windows :?
Photo shows them up for Travelling :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mavis, you have sold me the idea a goodun'! I will email you later. Don't you go away soon? HMP Broadmoor I think you said! :lol:

Shane......xx

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Simplelife said:
Thanks Mavis, you have sold me the idea a goodun'! I will email you later. Don't you go away soon? HMP Broadmoor I think you said! :lol:

Shane......xx
You little devil you :twisted:
We are away tomorrow with MHF Rallies.
It is a great idea and I will be measuring up because it will give the home a new look.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I got to thinking..... wonder how rollers on the bottom would look. I have seen them in a house ages ago.

Ordinary roller, but you have notches either side to pull them up to - advantage - you can have privacy but also as much window to look out of as you wish.

I'm sure they used to be on old 'choo-choo' trains in my youth!! Much better on the bottom when traveling rather than wagging around at the top of window. A hundred or so years of BR carriage designers can't be wrong!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
hi,
we,ve had ikea stainless blinds in our hobby 750 for over 2 years,and had no problem with them at all,they are great,you can open them a little to see out,but still keep your privacy,and open full when you want lots of light.
you must buy some toolclips from screwfix to hold the bottom tight while travelling,the clips are only a couple of pence each.

mags

·
Registered
517 Posts
Darn it everyone,

Gordon has been talking about replacing our (12 year old )curtains with blinds for the last couple of months. I am not very keen on the idea as the front RV windscreen will still need curtains and I think it will look odd......does he care ??...Nah !!!

I hope he doesnt see this thread !...... 8O

Jenny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.