Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know how to obtain fitting instructions for a cycle carrier for a Hymer. I have just purchased one from Brownhills but the instructions are in german.
My motorhome is a Hymer B534.
It is a multi talent tele. whatever that is, it is the 2 bike carrier.
I have asked Brownhills for help, they will get back to me, but I want it fitted asap as we are away on friday.
I hope someone can help.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Does your Hymer already have the Upper and Lower Mountings fitted? If so, it is simply a case of hooking the carrier onto the upper set and bolting it to the lower mounting bracket. If the mountings are not already there, it is a bit more complicated. See the link to Movera below for components. The "Upper Mounting Set" is what takes most of the load. These brackets have to be bolted through the rear wall and you will need to hide the bolt heads inside. I have not done the task as mine was already fitted, so cannot give precise instructions. I cannot see a "lower Mounting Set" on the Movera site and do not know how it is fixed. It is an aluminium bracket into which the lower rail of the carrier fits and is then bolted in place. If you look at the Multi-Talent carrier at the bottom of the Movera web page, you can just make out the lower bracket sitting immediately above the bumper.

Hope this helps.
Philip

<<Movera Hymer Carriers>>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Philip
My motorhome already has the upper fixing brackets.
The instructions i need is for putting the bike rack together.You would think it would be straight forward but i am having trouble with the two pieces that come down from the upper bracket.They supposedly go into the tubing of the frame nad ar connected by a bolt going through them,but they do not have any pre drilled holes and hymer said i should not have to drill any holes anywhere.
Thanks Guy.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have had a search around and it looks as though the Multi-Talent carrier is made by Omnistor. On their website there is a downloadable set of instructions for their standard Omni-Bike carriers. It looks to me as if they would also apply to the Hymer-specific version. The instructions are in several languages including English (you have to scroll down a bit to find them). I have included the link below. Looking at the exploded diagram, I think you have to 'offer up' the carrier to the back of the Hymer and mark the depth to which the top poles will slide into the lower ones. Then it appears that you have to drill a 6.5mm dia hole though the upper poles to take the bolt that locks upper to lower poles at the point where the cross-bar connects them.

Philip

<<Omni instructions>>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.