Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We don't seem to have a thread where folks can post up running totals of how many nights they have spent away in their MH during the course of the year. If the thread gets traction I thought it might be an interesting read at year end seeing how many nights we have all been away and what we have got up to.

I'll kick off: so far it's 74 for us across 2 trips (Spain and Cheltenham/Cardiff). I keep a daily diary when in the MH so w can remember what we got up to in later years.

Over to you :smile2:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one Jean - thanks for responding. I thought a few more would have as well but never mind. I am also aware that there are a number of contributors to MHF who don't tour now but I thought it would be a bit of fun to see some running totals.

Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
Never really counted, ten is so far maybe.

Reactions: patp

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Until last year I didn't but I was just interested that's all. Thought it might be good to have an actual motorhoming thread amongst all the general stuff.

I know that a number of our members don't/can't tour anymore but still enjoy the info and hearing about others trips (and contributing to them too with suggestions etc).

Premium Member
Only 2 names there that still post you and Dave, DJMotorhomer.

It鈥檚 hard to believe I have only been away from home for 18 days, am I going to be able to stick it out until the middle of June :frown2:

Premium Member
We don't seem to have a thread where folks can post up running totals of how many nights they have spent away in their MH during the course of the year. If the thread gets traction I thought it might be an interesting read at year end seeing how many nights we have all been away and what we have got up to.

I'll kick off: so far it's 74 for us across 2 trips (Spain and Cheltenham/Cardiff). I keep a daily diary when in the MH so w can remember what we got up to in later years.

Over to you :smile2:
I still use the Old Sites, "Stopovers Usage Tracking", wish it could be moved to this New Site. I use it as my main log and print it off & keep in a file.
Unfortunately, no other members use it now so I can't get stopover ideas from other members.

Take a look at my logs, username, sennen523.
Al.:smile2:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't want/need/intend anything too scientific hence just suggesting a rolling thread like this.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
12 so far this year (21st April onwards, working from the anniversary of having the Van delivered); and 115 in 2021/22

Steve
What about the calendar year 2022 Steve - Jan 01 onwards? That'll keep it in line with anyone else who posts as It'd take some doing digging out the buying date of a number of our MHs I'd guess.

Read Only
12 so far this year (21st April onwards, working from the anniversary of having the Van delivered); and 115 in 2021/22

Steve
What about the calendar year 2022 Steve - Jan 01 onwards? That'll keep it in line with anyone else who posts as It'd take some doing digging out the buying date of a number of our MHs I'd guess.
62 nights to date, Graham

Steve

Premium Member
Only 2 names there that still post you and Dave, DJMotorhomer.

It's hard to believe I have only been away from home for 18 days, am I going to be able to stick it out until the middle of June :frown2:
Whaddaya mean stick it out! sounds like you are having a great time!

If I do manage to get this new van we looked at today or similar Ive decided Ill bust the stats record by just never coming back. I think ill head off to Europe and become an illegal immigrant. Might even lose some weight finally if I can get back to southern Europe. :D

Premium Member
90 days Baz.
Thanks to some eejets.

Ray.

Premium Member
How would you lose weight Barry with all that lovely cheese n beer n wine?!
I have before. I lost over four stone about ten years ago when we were extensively touring in Europe. I think its the climate, being more active and despite enjoying the cheese and booze generally a better diet. Bit harder since my knees started playing up though and with us not being back over the water since 2017 I put it all back on again. :(

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another 35 nights added so we are up to 109 nights away in the MH so far this year :)

Reactions: raynipper

Premium Member
Close to the limit Jean.

Ray.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts