Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We don't seem to have a thread where folks can post up running totals of how many nights they have spent away in their MH during the course of the year. If the thread gets traction I thought it might be an interesting read at year end seeing how many nights we have all been away and what we have got up to.

I'll kick off: so far it's 74 for us across 2 trips (Spain and Cheltenham/Cardiff). I keep a daily diary when in the MH so w can remember what we got up to in later years.

Over to you :smile2:

Reactions: patp and sennen523

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one Jean - thanks for responding. I thought a few more would have as well but never mind. I am also aware that there are a number of contributors to MHF who don't tour now but I thought it would be a bit of fun to see some running totals.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Until last year I didn't but I was just interested that's all. Thought it might be good to have an actual motorhoming thread amongst all the general stuff.

I know that a number of our members don't/can't tour anymore but still enjoy the info and hearing about others trips (and contributing to them too with suggestions etc).

Premium Member
Only 2 names there that still post you and Dave, DJMotorhomer.

It鈥檚 hard to believe I have only been away from home for 18 days, am I going to be able to stick it out until the middle of June :frown2:

Reactions: patp

Premium Member
We don't seem to have a thread where folks can post up running totals of how many nights they have spent away in their MH during the course of the year. If the thread gets traction I thought it might be an interesting read at year end seeing how many nights we have all been away and what we have got up to.

I'll kick off: so far it's 74 for us across 2 trips (Spain and Cheltenham/Cardiff). I keep a daily diary when in the MH so w can remember what we got up to in later years.

Over to you :smile2:
I still use the Old Sites, "Stopovers Usage Tracking", wish it could be moved to this New Site. I use it as my main log and print it off & keep in a file.
Unfortunately, no other members use it now so I can't get stopover ideas from other members.

Take a look at my logs, username, sennen523.
Al.:smile2:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't want/need/intend anything too scientific hence just suggesting a rolling thread like this.

Reactions: sennen523 and patp

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
12 so far this year (21st April onwards, working from the anniversary of having the Van delivered); and 115 in 2021/22

Steve
What about the calendar year 2022 Steve - Jan 01 onwards? That'll keep it in line with anyone else who posts as It'd take some doing digging out the buying date of a number of our MHs I'd guess.

Read Only
12 so far this year (21st April onwards, working from the anniversary of having the Van delivered); and 115 in 2021/22

Steve
What about the calendar year 2022 Steve - Jan 01 onwards? That'll keep it in line with anyone else who posts as It'd take some doing digging out the buying date of a number of our MHs I'd guess.
62 nights to date, Graham

Steve

Premium Member
Only 2 names there that still post you and Dave, DJMotorhomer.

It's hard to believe I have only been away from home for 18 days, am I going to be able to stick it out until the middle of June :frown2:
Whaddaya mean stick it out! sounds like you are having a great time!

If I do manage to get this new van we looked at today or similar Ive decided Ill bust the stats record by just never coming back. I think ill head off to Europe and become an illegal immigrant. Might even lose some weight finally if I can get back to southern Europe. :D

Premium Member
90 days Baz.
Thanks to some eejets.

Ray.

Premium Member
How would you lose weight Barry with all that lovely cheese n beer n wine?!
I have before. I lost over four stone about ten years ago when we were extensively touring in Europe. I think its the climate, being more active and despite enjoying the cheese and booze generally a better diet. Bit harder since my knees started playing up though and with us not being back over the water since 2017 I put it all back on again. :(

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another 35 nights added so we are up to 109 nights away in the MH so far this year :)

Reactions: raynipper

Premium Member
Close to the limit Jean.

Ray.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts