Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I hit our 90 days exactly on this last trip so our next trip to the Continent won't be until late August when we are off to Italy. By then the Jan and Feb days away, will have 'dropped off'. We have 2 trips planned in the UK prior to that.

Premium Member
I usually average about 100 days years. COVID has put a few restrictions on travel for the last couple of years and my average has been reducing. I have only managed 16 days this year so far but many more are planned. Of more interest to know would be, how do you see the economic climate effecting your travel especially the fuel increase? I do not intend to let it effect mine but will be seeking out cheaper sites to hepl keep costs under control.
peedee

Premium Member
Still some cheap CLs about. In fact my experience so far on this trip is the cheapest ones have the most availability. Currently in Devon. Most expensive so far was 拢12 for Glastonbury which actually had EHU, cheapest near Bath was just 拢5. Booking ahead all the 拢20+ a night CLs in Cornwall are booked up. The one we are heading to next is 拢7.50 and no problem getting on. Seems the newbies have maybe not discovered solar yet

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If I could persuade Mrs GMJ onto the back (or front) of a scooter I think we'd do more of what you do Barry - CL/CS and then 'tour' locally on the scoot.

Premium Member
65 days so far this year over 2 trips. Just back from Europe tour of France, Portugal & Spain & getting used to the new layout.

Surprised how the sites in Europe are not charging extortionate rates per night like the UK. Most were around the 16 euro rate with a couple of 5 star sites charging 25 euros. Completely different attitude to the UK. Not sure why there should be such differences.

Premium Member
Sadly no nights this year yet - family reasons, Bit sad as we are past the longest day.

Day trip tomorrow for gas check and then hopefully off on 29th for 5-6 days at our favourite spot in Slowakia, just a parking area in the mountains overlooking a meadow with a nice 'Chata' (restaurant bar) and walking.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
65 days so far this year over 2 trips. Just back from Europe tour of France, Portugal & Spain & getting used to the new layout.

Surprised how the sites in Europe are not charging extortionate rates per night like the UK. Most were around the 16 euro rate with a couple of 5 star sites charging 25 euros. Completely different attitude to the UK. Not sure why there should be such differences.
Yes exactly our experience as well in Spain and France.

Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
I knew there was comment on site prices but couldn't find it earlier. Tho my comments are about ireland

Premium Member
We did 85 days in France returning 09/06/2022 keeping 5 days for a trip in the car to Maastricht to see Andre Rieu, will only be there for 3 days but just being on the safe side. We did around 4000 miles going to our cottage just south of Limoges which we hadn鈥檛 seen for 15 months, then did a wander over to the Italian border down to the Med along to the Spanish border and back via the Canal Du Midi. Bloody Brexit 90/180 is a pain not helped by the fuel prices.

Premium Member

I think French electricity prices have only gone up 5% whereas ours were 55% last time I looked. I do know that the CL prices with EHU have shot up. Most are 拢20-拢25+ now and the good thing is they are really busy yet the basic none EHU cl sites are still cheap as chips and empty. Suits me fine. The one we are booked on tomorrow is a fiver a night and is massive. :D

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
After 19 nights away on our current trip we are now up to 128 for the year so far.

Reactions: raynipper

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
11 more nights makes it 139 nights away so far this year.

Premium Member
Despite the family ties I mentioned earlier we have managed 6 nights in Slowakia and a truncated 17 nights in SE Poland.

Bit depressing really and our trip to Provence is in serious doubt.

Even barryD has got down to SW and now to Isle of Arran. But I cannot believe he has not been on the Continent for 5 years.

I think I should keep out of this thread. It makes me depressed.

Premium Member
Despite the family ties I mentioned earlier we have managed 6 nights in Slowakia and a truncated 17 nights in SE Poland.

Bit depressing really and our trip to Provence is in serious doubt.

Even barryD has got down to SW and now to Isle of Arran. But I cannot believe he has not been on the Continent for 5 years.

I think I should keep out of this thread. It makes me depressed.
Whaddya mean "even Barryd"? 馃が

Not kept a record but been out since beginning of June and all being well won't be back until the end of October. :D

We will get over the water again but probably when I've finally purchased a new van. Came close earlier this year. Having said that last year was fantastic and this year so far has been even better, not least of all because the weather has been fabulous.

Not sure where we would go in Europe now. Been to all the best bits. I suspect some of the old haunts in the Pyrenees and the Alps and of course Provence.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Another 30 nights away so we are up to 169 now. It's shaping up to be a record year for us I think.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Another 14 added from this trip so up to 183 nights away this year. closing on on 200....

• Wow
21 - 40 of 49 Posts