Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
OK guys,

I've made an executive decision. All of my videos will be posted in this thread.

This is my van -

Make: Hobby 750 FMSE
Year: 2001
Base vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Engine: 2.8idTD (Iveco)
Alarm: Scorpion Cat 1
RHD/LHD: Left Hand Drive
Dog: Bailey (daft)

I''ll keep all videos in this thread as I think they'll probably be more relevant to Hobby owners.

Here's the first two videos again:

How to fix a droopy blind -

How to clean skylight/roof light -

I'll add more videos to this thread as we go along. Next videos will posted tomorrow.

Sneaky update....draughty legs for passengers and replacing alarm fob batteries (not as simple as you think!)

·
Registered
262 Posts
as requested, David-david's videos have now been stickied, a most useful resource, and not just for Hobby owners.

please do not reply in this thread, refer any comments separately quoting the thread.

Many thanks David

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Video - get on top of problems

It's a silly video (well, it made me chuckle all day!) and not strictly motorhome related but I hope it gives you and idea why it's best to get on top of issues before they become calamities.

Nip problems in the bud!

It's a silly video (well, it made me chuckle all day!) and not strictly motorhome related but I hope it gives you and idea why it's best to get on top of issues before they become calamities.

Nip problems in the bud!

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VIDEO - faulty fuel gauge Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD

2001 Fiat Ducato with intermittent fault on fuel gauge.

Fuel gauge will randomly read zero fuel or full tank.

My fuel gauge would suddenly drop to zero for no reason. Even after I had just filled the tank. The 'low fuel' warning light still seemed to work normally. I can't confirm this. I'm guessing it still worked as the light wouldn't come on after filling but showed 'low fuel' at a predicted mileage.

This is just the first stage of this problem, luckily it worked for me.

Anyway, here's the video -

It was such an obvious problem.. and a very easy fix!

Hope it helps.

Dave.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
47,099 Posts
2001 Fiat Ducato with intermittent fault on fuel gauge.

Fuel gauge will randomly read zero fuel or full tank.

My fuel gauge would suddenly drop to zero for no reason. Even after I had just filled the tank. The 'low fuel' warning light still seemed to work normally. I can't confirm this. I'm guessing it still worked as the light wouldn't come on after filling but showed 'low fuel' at a predicted mileage.

This is just the first stage of this problem, luckily it worked for me.

Anyway, here's the video -

It was such an obvious problem.. and a very easy fix!

Hope it helps.

Dave.
Tut Tut, blue movies on MHF, >:)>:)>:)

·
Premium Member
47,099 Posts
Welcome back lad, you were missed.

·
Premium Member
47,099 Posts
Can I add, put something over the freezer or freezer box door to let that air too.

I'd remove the shower head and lay the pipe in the shower tray.

If you have any mixer taps leave them in the central position and and fully open.

Dave made a good point about bottles and jars, I leave ours in the van, but in the kitchen sink as we too use the van year round, any longer than two months or so and I'll take them out also tinned goods so they get date rotated with the house stock.

Remove and wash bedding & towels.

Remove and wash any clothing.

Pull cushions away from the van walls so they get some air round them, long term we stand them on edge.

Finally clean all surfaces of grease and finger marks as they can mold too.

One other thing is to check the van every week or so if poss, just to make sure the sky hasn't fallen in, fire up the engine and if insured run it a few miles up the road to free of the brakes (I tend to leave it in first or reverse, no handbrake but chock at least one wheel) and rotate the tyres so you don't get flat spots.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.